• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Px_Ushi

I got one and it's really fun to solve, I bought it just after learning 3x3 so it was challenging but now it's just fun :)

CubeCubeCube

Hello
Im searching for my first Pyraminx and ym first 4x4. So do you have any suggestions (they should be stable and not too fast obviously, with or without stickers doesn't matter to me)?

rumarfer28

Hello
Im searching for my first Pyraminx and ym first 4x4. So do you have any suggestions (they should be stable and not too fast obviously, with or without stickers doesn't matter to me)?
If you want a stable and not too fast pyraminx, the Qiyi one is the way to go. Either the first one or the magnetic one (x-man bell) are great. The moyu one is too fast and flexible.
For a 4x4, the cyclone boys G4 is a very solid and stable cube, and it's very cheap.

CubeCubeCube

If you want a stable and not too fast pyraminx, the Qiyi one is the way to go. Either the first one or the magnetic one (x-man bell) are great. The moyu one is too fast and flexible.
For a 4x4, the cyclone boys G4 is a very solid and stable cube, and it's very cheap.
Thank you :)

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking for recommendations for a Skewb and a Pyraminx with really strong clicking into place on turns. Puzzles that really snap into place is what I'm looking for - not all that concerned with any other aspect of them. Thanks!

cubezapper

I am a fairly new to speedsolving and I was wondering if it would be ok to get a Gans 356 Air? I will be using the lubricant Qiyi Mofang Ge M-Lube.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking for recommendations for a Skewb and a Pyraminx with really strong clicking into place on turns. Puzzles that really snap into place is what I'm looking for - not all that concerned with any other aspect of them. Thanks!
Shengshoug Pyra has a strong click. It's not very good but as you are asking only about clicking, that's what came to mind. Also de Cyclone Boys one (but it's not much better either). Regarding skewb the old Moyu (not the magnetic one) has a noticeable click but it's nowhere near as strong as SS Pyra. Maybe the Qiyi, which has adjustable ball bearings, can be adjusted to be more clicky but I have never tried to do that. Also I have not tried other not-so-good skewbs that might be more clicky, like Shengshou or Lan Lan.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I use a Moyu Weipo already, is the Guoguan 2x2 or the Yuxin white worth getting? Are they that much better or not really?

I don't think too many people here have all three to judge. I think the guoguan is better than the yuxin White and most likely slightly more liked over the Weipo. They're all quite good though

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I am a fairly new to speedsolving and I was wondering if it would be ok to get a Gans 356 Air? I will be using the lubricant Qiyi Mofang Ge M-Lube.

I don't have a Gans Air but I know it's supposed to be a very nice speedcube. It wouldn't hurt anything to get it. It's also very expensive, so my recommendation would be to get a cheaper speedcube, like a thunderclap v1, and use the extra that you would have spent on the Gans on another puzzle, like a 4x4, a 5x5, or maybe a megaminx, pyraminx or skewb depending on whether you're interested more in larger or smaller puzzles.

gogozerg

WCA
2004ROUX01
Hello,

I've been looking for a good cube lately, mine are getting old.
But it seems that many models nowadays hardly look like Rubik's cubes, since stickers on corner/edge/center pieces have different shapes.

Could you please link me some normal looking cubes (that give the illusion of 27 identical cubies) that are worth buying? Max. 56 mm.

Thanks a lot.

PS: Today's cubes are an esthetical shame. ;-)

gogozerg

WCA
2004ROUX01
I want an inferior(?) cube, because it looks better than a thing that is not a cube. I thought I was clear, you're not helping.

EDIT: It's about speed cubing of course. I just want a speed cube that does not ruin the aesthetics of our favorite puzzle.

Last edited:

SenorJuan

I'll be the first to answer.
The Dayan Zhanchi looks quite normal, and still has respectable speed and corner-cutting abilities, and is quite pop-resistant. And it satisfies your size requirements, being available in three small sizes: 42mm, 50mm,55mm (plus the 'regular' 57mm).

Update: As you asked for a link, here's Kong's UK-based puzzle shop, the Dayan puzzles page:
http://ukcubestore.com/store/c2/4._DaYan.html

Last edited:
M

Malkom

For a cube to perform good (being a speed cube) some astechical features may need to change. A cube with perfectly squared pieces is really bad and what you're asking for is impossible.

gogozerg

WCA
2004ROUX01
Thank you Senorjuan for understanding my request.
The Dayan Zhanchi is the last cube I bought I think, maybe 5 years ago. It has suspicous gaps around the centers, but I'm not that extreme. It was a 57 mm model I think, but I may probably prefer a 55 mm version, good to know.
But not as good as an old and early "noname type-A" Ron gave me that sadly does not exist anymore.