• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

T1_M0

WCA
2017NORR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

My younger bother wants a 2x2 that works good but is cheap. We were looking at the MF2S 2x2 and were wondering if it works good? Is it like the MF3RS 3x3?
I really like MoYu Yupo, it's my first 2x2 and very cheap but it feels smooth and corner cuts well. However I'm not better than 7-8 seconds so the cube works fine at least for me.

Lähetetty minun SM-G800F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

syhthpen

Hi cube friends!

I am so happy to find such a welcoming and knowledgeable group of people that share my husband's interest in cubes.

He wants to get me my very own cube, and I am obsessed with tiny/miniature things.

There are quite a few options available, many of which have pretty bad reviews.

I would appreciate a recommendation for a tiny 3x3 that is functional, and won't immediately fall apart.

I realize that it isn't possible for it to be easily twisted and turned like a regular cube, and because of the tiny size, it is delicate and fragile.

.. but most reviews I have read of the tiny cubes complain that they break into pieces nearly immediately.

Has anyone had luck with a tiny cube?

Thank you in advance [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nate Aviles

I am wondering approximately how long the time gap is between cube releases from any given company. Is it similar to say some kind of technology like a phone that comes out every year? I am wondering since I'm thinking about purchasing the Gan 356 Air, but don't know if I should maybe wait a few more months, and get a newer cube that might offer an even better setup. Thanks in advance!

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
I am wondering approximately how long the time gap is between cube releases from any given company. Is it similar to say some kind of technology like a phone that comes out every year? I am wondering since I'm thinking about purchasing the Gan 356 Air, but don't know if I should maybe wait a few more months, and get a newer cube that might offer an even better setup. Thanks in advance!
It really depends on the company. Gans usually comes out with a cube every 6 months (correct me if I'm wrong) and the last one was the Gans Air UM. That came out in earlier this month so my prediction is the next one will come out during July-August.

Moyu on the other hand

Moyu comes out with a new 3x3 from sub brands very often (once a month).

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What do you have now?

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Cubes aren't really like phones. Electronics have technology that has certain limitations, and as we progress those limitations are lifted further and the devices get better at what they do. Cubes also have limitations to lift, but 3x3s are very nearly perfect at this point. With the introduction of magnetic cubes, I don't think we'll actually see better cubes going forward for quite a while, just more variety.

There's also the fact that, as with anything, always waiting for the next big thing means you'll never buy anything. So I say get what you think looks good, and if something you think looks better shows up later, get that too. That's one of the great things about cubes -They're hardly ever an investment.

EsolverB

YouTube
Visit Channel
which cubes you want to recommend i cant choose between gans air and the valk 3 i want a cube which doesnt catch and lockup as all cubers i hate this to things.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Which cubes would you recommend -I cant choose between the Gans Air and the Valk 3. I want a cube which doesn't catch or lock up, as I hate those just like everyone else.
Both of those cubes are top of the line. If you're not good with setting cubes up, I'd recommend either getting the Valk 3 or very specifically the Cubicle Premium version of the Gans Air, since it takes some setup to make the Air not catch.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I am planning to get the Wuque 4x4 and I have been doing some reading. It sounds like the Wuque Stickerless version performs better then the black? Is this true? And what is your experience?
I hate double posting, but this came up while I was typing another one, so oh well~

I've heard that too, and I had the same dilemma when I was buying it. I couldn't figure out whether it was just early reports of the defective batch or an actual trend, and I couldn't find a review that directly compared them. I ended up getting the black, and it's an absolutely fantastic cube. If you like stickerless, then I guess that's a good choice, but if you don't, you can't go wrong with the black either.

Tanay B.

WCA
2015BIRA02
I am looking for a magnetic cube, because my DIY failed, so I am deciding between the Valk 3 and the GAN Air UM. I already have a normal Valk 3, and I am not going to DIY that, but which should I get?

Edit: The WeiLong GTS v2 seems amazing, I watched Cubeologist's video on it. Maybe I will get that magnetized once it releases and Chris starts selling them. That should be fine.

Last edited:

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
Whichever you prefer. If you have the money, definitely try both. Try them at a competition and see which one you like.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have my own magnetized Valk and a Gan UM. They are both nice and your choice is really which puzzle do you prefer. With the UM you get a lot of extras like springs and stickers. I tend to use my Valk a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I don't have a magnetic GTS or Valk, but I have the Gans Air UM, and I can safely say that you can't go wrong with it.
By many accounts, they're all fantastic cubes, so it's just a matter of preference. I think the biggest factor in deciding which one to get is which one you prefer without the magnets.

pratik khanna

i am a sub 4 solver on 2x2 stickerless cube and sub 25 on 3x3 sticker cube and my 3x3 has broke and want new one so which should i buy sticker or stickerless cube

sorry for bad english

Daniel252

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello

This is my first post here on this forums. I just got into cubing and I love it! It's really fun. I would just want to ask a quick question that has made me wondering. What is the difference between the YJ Yu series vs the Guan series. For example like the GuanLong vs the YuLong. Arw there any price difference or performance differences?

Thanks!!

Daniel

Sion

Hey!

While they are almost the same, there are some differences.

The guanlong was meant to be a budget cube, meaning, super simple design with cheaper plastic. It does have a stickerless design, but it is still cheap. Corner cutting isn't that good, but the guanlong is great for modding because of its price and simplicity.

The YuLong is more expensive, but still cheap because of it's design. The yulong is made of more expensive plastic, and it has extra tracks on it to improve stability and speed.

In general though, Yu vs guan reffers to more advanced budget vs beginners budget. Usually, the Yu is released before the guan, and is usually a pricier option than the guan. However, there are cases, such as the YuFu and the GuanFu where it just means stickered vs stickerless.