• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I'm trying to decide between the stickerless and the black WuQue.
Like you, I don't really care for stickerless puzzles, and I also love the new QiYi sticker shades. I bought a black Wuque for those reasons alone.

For the record, the reviews for the Wuque are overwhelmingly positive regardless of version. The only place I've seen such fanatical praise for the stickerless one is around here. I can't really draw my own contrasts between the two versions, only having tried the black one, but it is definitely my best 4x4.

I guess my point is: *If* there is a performance increase in the stickerless version, that's cool, but since the black version is already main-worthy in it's own right, the sticker shades and better recognition are worth the trade off to me.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying to decide between the stickerless and the black WuQue.
I've heard that the stickerless performs and feels better, but I'm not sure how reliable that information is, it doesn't have the stickered shades, and I've never really liked stickerless cubes.

One of the huge things I like about QiYi's newer cubes is the sticker shades, they're so vibrant and I can't seem to find anything quite like them. Even the scheme the Cubicle lists for it looks more dull.

I really like the way the Galaxy Megaminx handles stickerless, where it's tiled onto a superstructure. I just fundamentally dislike the idea of the colors being inseparable from the cube... Not to mention that it's rare for a stickerless cube to not look strangely toy-like to me.

BUT -I got a black WuHua, and it's a solid B where everyone with a stickerless seems to be saying it's groundbreaking. So... Should I just suck it up and get the stickerless?
Dude, trust me, go with the stickerless. I've watched every single YouTube review of the Wuque and I've noticed that 99% of the stickerless reviews are screaming its praise. The other 1% is impressed, but underwhelmed. I noticed that about 60% of the black reviews are blown away, with the other 30% of reviews notice that the cube is a little sluggish and underwhelming. I haven't tried the black Wuque but I just have my EXTENSIVE online research.

Also, Mats Valk uses the Stickerless Wuque. He has also switched to the stickerless Valk. Plus, the inside pieces are all different colors. Mine are yellow! I've seen green, blue, red, orange, and white, too.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Like you, I don't really care for stickerless puzzles, and I also love the new QiYi sticker shades. I bought a black WuQue for those reasons alone.

For the record, the reviews for the WuQue are overwhelmingly positive regardless of version. The only place I've seen such fanatical praise for the stickerless one is around here. I can't really draw my own contrasts between the two versions, only having tried the black one, but it is definitely my best 4x4.

I guess my point is: *If* there is a performance increase in the stickerless version, that's cool, but since the black version is already main-worthy in its own right, the sticker shades and better recognition are worth the trade off to me.
Thanks! That's good to hear.
I've ordered the black one, can't wait for it to get here~

Dude, trust me, go with the stickerless. I've watched every single YouTube review of the WuQue and I've noticed that 99% of the stickerless reviews are screaming its praise. The other 1% is impressed, but underwhelmed. I noticed that about 60% of the black reviews are blown away, with the other 30% of reviews notice that the cube is a little sluggish and underwhelming. I haven't tried the black WuQue but I just have my EXTENSIVE online research.

Also, Mats Valk uses the stickerless WuQue. He has also switched to the stickerless Valk. Plus, the inside pieces are all different colors. Mine are yellow! I've seen green, blue, red, orange, and white, too.
I've sifted through every review I could find of it -YouTube, forums, Reddit, customer reviews on The Cubicle/Speedcube.com/etc., and even a couple on blogs. The vast majority had the stickerless version in the first place, and the first batch moulding defects make pretty much every black review and indirect comparison unreliable. I could not find a review where someone actually got both the black and the stickerless versions at the same time and compared them directly.
I appreciate the input, though I did end up ordering the black one. If I'm underwhelmed, I'll get the stickerless one and see if it's different. I love how cheap speedcubes are~

As for Mats Valk's preference, that's actually a bit of a negative indicator for me, believe it or not. I don't like the Valk 3 for one, and most of the rest sort'a follows suit, I just don't share his preferences. I tend to align with Faz for small cubes and Kevin for big cubes, and they used the stickerless and black respectively (Kevin got a magnetic YuXin Blue that took over, hence "used"), so it's still hard to tell.

Reactions: Dom

Early Cuber

On a stone, trying to make a 3x3 out of stone.
the MF3RS (not the MF3S) and it's only $5
here's Lucas Etter (former 3x3 world record holder) talking about the MF3RS.

I've tried the stickerless version and it's incredible! hope this helps!
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking of buying the MF3RS. Which is better though, QiYi Warrior W, MF3RS, ShengShou FangYuan, Thunderclap v2 or YuXin 3x3?

It isn't cheap... but a Gans 356v2 or Gans 356 AIR is what you are looking for. Spend the bit extra, and get what you want IMHO. :)
Both of those cubes are awesome but I'm looking for a cheaper 3x3. Thanks for the help though! :)

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Early Cuber the MF3RS is better than they thunderclap, in my opinion, believe it or not. But I haven't tried the others. However, after a little bit of research, I find that the consensus is that the MF3RS is the best budget cube on the market. Although I haven't tried the Yuxin 3x3, I've tried the newer version, the Yuxin Water. I think it's okay, but the MF3RS blows it out of the water. Hope this helps!

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
@Early Cuber the MF3RS is better than they thunderclap, in my opinion, believe it or not. But I haven't tried the others. However, after a little bit of research, I find that the consensus is that the MF3RS is the best budget cube on the market. Although I haven't tried the Yuxin 3x3, I've tried the newer version, the Yuxin Water. I think it's okay, but the MF3RS blows it out of the water. Hope this helps!
Wasn't there a bit of buzz around the Warrior W?

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wasn't there a bit of buzz around the Warrior W?
Yes, and the Warrior W is great, but the MF3RS came out right after that and turned out to be arguably better. But I'm sure that if you got the Warrior W, you would not be disappointed. The thing about the Warrior W is that it has unique stickerless shades. Some like it and some hate it.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Which squan should I get?

QiYi, Cubicle squan, or wait for the XMD VOLT?
The Cubicle squan is the QiYi squan with a couple mods, it's the better of the two. I'd wait for the Volt, though, since the Galaxy megaminx was so good (and because it's a QiYi sub-brand anyway), might as well see how it turns out.

messiahyo_

I currently own 4 3x3's: Rubik's brand, Fangshi Shaung-ren V2, GuoGuan YueXiao and Moyu Aolong V2. One of my Aolong's edges is gone because I was messing around with it fell through the bleachers at my school. So basically I have 3 3x3's. I want to know what kind of cube I should get next other than a 3x3. I thinking of a 2x2 but which of the below would you recommend me getting next:

3x3 (Another one)
2x2
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Square-1
Skewb

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have never tried anything but a 3x3. I like cubing as a whole. WHat do you think I should get??
Dude. You posted this and bumped it twice already? You're not supposed to even bump threads here. Be sure to read the rules, bro. And please be patient.

@newtonbase is asking you what you like about a 3x3 and then we can recommend one based off your style. But if you are in a hurry, (as it seems like you may be), then just go ahead and read the recent posts in this thread. You'll see the latest and greatest recommendations for cubes.

My short suggestions: Valk, Wuque, XMD Galaxy sculped, and let's see wait for the XMD VOLT to be released be before we get a squan.
Hope this helps.

Edit: hold on a sec, here's a thread of you giving cube recommendations at the same time you last bumped this thread!
If you're offering recommendations, then why are you ASKING for recommendations? Just curious....

Last edited:

CFOP beginner

I want to gift my friend a 3x3 cube around 6-7$.In amazon qiyi bull fight is there for 5$.Should I go for it or is there any better cube at the same price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk