• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11
Hi all,

I'm from the Netherlands, so I apologize for my mistakes in English(still learning:)).
So I'm looking for a good 4x4 (I don't own one) with minimal locks and pops and pretty good overall performance. After whatching a lot of reviews and comparisons, I have narrowed it down to two cubes that I might want to get: the CB G4 and the yuxin. (I'm Not including the aosu since it is so expencive, but it might be a better choise, so you can include it too.)
I have pretty small hands, so the G4 might be best for that.
I will put some work in a cube (tensioning, breaking in), but I don't really want to lube it, only when it is very necessary.
Which one should I get? Or is there another 4x4 that I might try?

Thanks! :)
Hi, the Yuxin 4x4 is quite fast but it can lock up a lot. I don't know much about the cyclone boys g4, but it's pretty smooth and is cheap as well. The 4x4 I would recommend is the YJ Guansu. Its jst $8-$9 on most cube stores and it turns really well. Very few catches and quite smooth. Since its release, many people have made it their mains (but that really doesn't matter). So you should buy Guansu according to me, but then I have never used any 4x4 except the Aosu, so I can't really tell that much. You should watch reviews and comparisons on youtube before finalising your decision. You should watch this video of Cubey Time-

rumarfer28

Hi all,

I'm from the Netherlands, so I apologize for my mistakes in English(still learning:)).
So I'm looking for a good 4x4 (I don't own one) with minimal locks and pops and pretty good overall performance. After whatching a lot of reviews and comparisons, I have narrowed it down to two cubes that I might want to get: the CB G4 and the yuxin. (I'm Not including the aosu since it is so expencive, but it might be a better choise, so you can include it too.)
I have pretty small hands, so the G4 might be best for that.
I will put some work in a cube (tensioning, breaking in), but I don't really want to lube it, only when it is very necessary.
Which one should I get? Or is there another 4x4 that I might try?

Thanks! :)
I have de G4 and its very smoth after breaking it in. It doesn't look up or pop (I have never had a single pop), and it doesn't need lube to be fast in all layers (well, if you are a serious speedcuber I guess all cubes will need it). The size is perfect, now I don't want a normal size, 60mm is more confortable, specially if your hands are small. If you feel the normal size a bit bigger there is no doubt, go for it.
People say that the stickers are very bad quality, so if you don't want to change it I recommend it in stickerless, the shades are great.

mejohoz

Hi, the Yuxin 4x4 is quite fast but it can lock up a lot. I don't know much about the cyclone boys g4, but it's pretty smooth and is cheap as well. The 4x4 I would recommend is the YJ Guansu. Its jst $8-$9 on most cube stores and it turns really well. Very few catches and quite smooth. Since its release, many people have made it their mains (but that really doesn't matter). So you should buy Guansu according to me, but then I have never used any 4x4 except the Aosu, so I can't really tell that much. You should watch reviews and comparisons on youtube before finalising your decision. You should watch this video of Cubey Time-
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!
I will watch it after school along with Some more comparisons.
I might even get two cheap ones, and still have it cheaper than the Aosu...:)

mejohoz

I have de G4 and its very smoth after breaking it in. It doesn't look up or pop (I have never had a single pop), and it doesn't need lube to be fast in all layers (well, if you are a serious speedcuber I guess all cubes will need it). The size is perfect, now I don't want a normal size, 60mm is more confortable, specially if your hands are small. If you feel the normal size a bit bigger there is no doubt, go for it.
People say that the stickers are very bad quality, so if you don't want to change it I recommend it in stickerless, the shades are great.
Thanks!
From what people said in reviews, I understanded that Lube was needed, but maybe it's just because people that review speedcubes always Lube their cubes(?), or it's just me understanding things wrong ;).
Stickerless will be awesome, since I prefer either white or stickerless cubes (in in Nice shades).
I'll watch Some more reviews, and than I'll make my decision. Thanks again!

rumarfer28

Thanks!
From what people said in reviews, I understanded that Lube was needed, but maybe it's just because people that review speedcubes always Lube their cubes(?), or it's just me understanding things wrong ;).
Stickerless will be awesome, since I prefer either white or stickerless cubes (in in Nice shades).
I'll watch Some more reviews, and than I'll make my decision. Thanks again!
I solve the 4x4 in under 1'30" and I don't lube it. Lubing this cube is only necessary for people who takes seriously speedcubing.

mikecantreed

Was hoping someone could go into some detail about the difference between the Weilong GTS and the YueXiao. Looking for the more stable of the two.

mikecantreed

Both are very similar in flexibility. I feel I can keep the GTS on tighter tensions and still get the same performance out of it. I would go for GTS.
Was about to pull the trigger on the GTS but read from multiple sources that it's a little on the uncontrollable side. Went with the YueXiao.

SimonV

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a quiet speedcube (3x3) to use (for example) on an airplane. I would prefer a stickerless (not pink) version. And also please no Gans... too expensive.

Last edited:

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
I'm looking for a quiet speedcube (3x3) to use (for example) on an airplane. I would prefer a stickerless (not pink) version. And also please no Gans... too expensive.
I think if you corner cut on any cube, it will be loud. If you turned slower and didn't cut corners, most cubes will be quiet enough.

SimonV

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think if you corner cut on any cube, it will be loud. If you turned slower and didn't cut corners, most cubes will be quiet enough.
True, but there are some very loud cubes like the YueYing wich are loud even when not cornercutting. I'm looking for a quiet, smooth, mini cube. Is the Zhanchi 42mm quiet? Or the Mini Weilong(V1/V2)/Aolong ?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
True, but there are some very loud cubes like the YueYing wich are loud even when not cornercutting. I'm looking for a quiet, smooth, mini cube. Is the Zhanchi 42mm quiet? Or the Mini Weilong(V1/V2)/Aolong ?
In my opinion the Yuexiao is silent enough but maybe the kind of lubing and turning style can also make a difference. If you also want a mini size cube then the Weilong v2 mini is not very loud and is still a decent cube by today's standards. I have one and I overlubed it a bit with weight 3 and it is nice and not noisy, again by my understanding of "not noisy".

rumarfer28

The 42mm zhanchi is very quiet, more than any normal size cube. Its very small, but despite that you can speedsolve it. If you finally choose this one, is better in stickerless, because small stickers are usually easy to peel off.

D

Daniel Lin

What skewb should I get? Moyu or Qiyi?
I like clicky skewbs
I don't care about speed much but I hate lockups/catching