• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even if price doesn't matter, I still think the CB G4 is the best 4x4 out there right now, once broken in to get rid of the catching of the inner layers that it suffers out of the box. The only thing is that it is a mini size (60mm) so if you prefer a bigger one then you'll have to look elsewhere. I was used to a regular size Aosu and Guansu and I had no issues adapting to the smaller size of the CB G4. And the stickerless shades are awesome!!! :)
Oh mini size is perfect. You convinced me, gonna get a G4 thanks :)

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't been around in a while and now wanna get new cubes.

I already decided I'm gonna try out the thunderclap for 3x3 and maybe some others, been using a Gans 365 up until now.
3x3 stickerless would be awesome. There's tons, any recommendations?
For 7x7 cubic aofu stickerless is an obvious choice, but when it comes to 4x4 and 5x5 I'm not so sure.

With 5x5 I think the bochuang would be the best choice? I heard it's better overall than a Yuxin, or would that one be better? Or is it completely a personal choice? I might get both then. It just has to be stickerless, I love stickerless :D

4x4 is even harder. Some people said the CB G4 is the best overall, but I also heard that it's not. There's also tons of others i.e. yuxin yj or quyi... it gets confusing, I don't know which ones are newer or better or worse or whatever..

Wow... been a while. Good to see ya back :)

The WeiLong GTS is ridiculous good. It's lighter than the Gans, but similar in most other attributes. I've only had it for 2 days, but I think it's already my main. I couldn't tell ya about the G4, so I'd take @mafergut's word for it. And I can't recommend the BoChuang enough. After break-in, it's aaaaaawesome. Just awesome.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
No problem. If you do get the weipo and wittwo v1, let me know how they are. Especially the weipo. :)
Hi Aaron, all. I received my Weipo some days ago and the Wittwo v1 just today. I have to admit that the Weipo surprised me. It does not feel like the other Moyu 2x2's I've tried, like the LingPo. It does not have any of those pesky internal catches the LinPo had and, even though it's faster than a Dayan it feels quite controllable and I'm liking it a lot. I have created a thread in the Puzzle review area of the forum. I will try to update there once I have broken it in more. Corner cutting seems great on some sides not so on others, maybe it just needs adjusting. It might replace my Dayan as main but it's a bit soon to tell. I got it in stickerless and the shades are really nice.

The Wittwo has also suprised me. I love the rough turning and it seems also quite controllable. Forward corner cutting is just amazing (the more so for a cube so old). Reverse is a bit meh, due probably to smaller florian holes than usual in more modern cubes, not sure if anybody has tried modding the corners a bit in that sense. It catches or locks up a bit while solving, probably due to lack of reverse but not much more than my quite tight Dayan (I have it tight to avoid pops).

All in all I have to decide between 3 2x2s which one will be my main :)

Aaron Lau

Hi Aaron, all. I received my Weipo some days ago and the Wittwo v1 just today. I have to admit that the Weipo surprised me. It does not feel like the other Moyu 2x2's I've tried, like the LingPo. It does not have any of those pesky internal catches the LinPo had and, even though it's faster than a Dayan it feels quite controllable and I'm liking it a lot. I have created a thread in the Puzzle review area of the forum. I will try to update there once I have broken it in more. Corner cutting seems great on some sides not so on others, maybe it just needs adjusting. It might replace my Dayan as main but it's a bit soon to tell. I got it in stickerless and the shades are really nice.

The Wittwo has also suprised me. I love the rough turning and it seems also quite controllable. Forward corner cutting is just amazing (the more so for a cube so old). Reverse is a bit meh, due probably to smaller florian holes than usual in more modern cubes, not sure if anybody has tried modding the corners a bit in that sense. It catches or locks up a bit while solving, probably due to lack of reverse but not much more than my quite tight Dayan (I have it tight to avoid pops).

All in all I have to decide between 3 2x2s which one will be my main :)
Awesome, i'll definitely check out the thread when your update comes out!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm not sure I want to get a new 3x3 already, but . . . . My Zhanchi pops and catches, and my Thunderclap is a little small for my hands. Is there a cube with similar turning properties to a Thunderclap in a 57 mm size?

Felipe Rigon

WCA
2015RIGO01
I'm not sure I want to get a new 3x3 already, but . . . . My Zhanchi pops and catches, and my Thunderclap is a little small for my hands. Is there a cube with similar turning properties to a Thunderclap in a 57 mm size?
I'd not say it's similar, but the yuexiao is an awesome cube! And it is a little bit bigger than the thunderclap.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I definitely find the Thunderclap smaller, and one of the reasons I don't use it even though I like the feeling of it. The Yuexiao is more on the 56mm side, which is the current standard (I think I miss the 57mm size a bit).

Felipe Rigon

WCA
2015RIGO01
Isn't the thunderclap standard size? And the yuexiao is 55mm iirc.
The yuexiao is slightly bigger than the thunderclap. I'd say about 0.5 mm. I mesuread the cubes, last week, but i do not remember what are the numbers.
This does not make that much of a difference, but it is noticeable when solving.

The aolong v2 is like a thunderclap and its 57mm :)
No, it's not. I do not remember the exact value, but the thunderclap is around 56 mm.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
The yuexiao is slightly bigger than the thunderclap. I'd say about 0.5 mm. I mesuread the cubes, last week, but i do not remember what are the numbers.
This does not make that much of a difference, but it is noticeable when solving.

No, it's not. I do not remember the exact value, but the thunderclap is around 56 mm.

According to TheCubicle the dimensions are:
Yuexiao: 56.0 mm
Thunderclap: 56.5 mm
AoLong V2: 57.0 mm

As best I can tell the AoLong looks pretty good. At this point I'm barely under 40 seconds on 3x3, and my interest in 3x3 is primarily as practice to make my last stage on big cubes faster, so for now I'll stick with the Thunderclap, but at some point in the future I think the AoLong is at the top of my list when I want to upgrade my 3x3.

Thanks for your help!

mickael

WCA
2013PAQU01
Hi all!
Just got a 2x2 WeiPo from Moyu, and I was.wondering if the new Weilong GTS had the same turning feeling 'cause the WeiPo's is wonderful.
Thanks!

Nilsibert

WCA
2014FREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow... been a while. Good to see ya back :)

The WeiLong GTS is ridiculous good. It's lighter than the Gans, but similar in most other attributes. I've only had it for 2 days, but I think it's already my main. I couldn't tell ya about the G4, so I'd take @mafergut's word for it. And I can't recommend the BoChuang enough. After break-in, it's aaaaaawesome. Just awesome.

Wow nice you remember me haha :) I found my passion for pc gaming so cubing was kinda put on the waiting list :)

Just got the G4, the the bochuang and the aofu. Man that 5x5 is incredible. Not tensioned or lubed or anything, but already amazing after a few turns. I'm very impressed, this and the fact that it's stickerless might make me get kinda serious about 5x5, I was always kinda demotivated by my previous 5x5s and this one changed that!
The G4 4x4 is kinda weird out of the box, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has those middle layer catches, I figured something must be broken :/ But hearing what people say about how good it can get, I'll break it in as it is and then set it up, gonna be awesome!
The Aofu also is very nice, did a few solves already and loved it! Also nothing done to it yet, and already I prefer it big time over my mini shengshou.

So thanks for all the tips, looking forward to more solving :D

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haven't been following the recent releases of speedcubes, I've just kept with what I've had for a long time and I'm looking to upgrade a bit
Current Mains:
3x3 - Meiying
4x4 - Mini Aosu
5x5 - Huachuang

Which cubes are considered the best on the market right now for each of these events?
Thanks in advance for help :D

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haven't been following the recent releases of speedcubes, I've just kept with what I've had for a long time and I'm looking to upgrade a bit
Current Mains:
3x3 - Meiying
4x4 - Mini Aosu
5x5 - Huachuang

Which cubes are considered the best on the market right now for each of these events?
Thanks in advance for help :D

for sx3 things like the gouguan Yuexiao, Weilong GTs and many more, Meiying is still very good though.
for 4x4 you got the YJ Guansu, Cyclone boys G4 and I've heard the New YJ Yusu R is good.
The Guansu is very cheap and great out of the box and the G4 isn't good out of the box but becomes great after setup and breaking in.
for 5x5 Yuxin or Moyu Bochuang. I have the Yuxin and it's great. don't have the Bochuang but more people seem to prefer it (And unlike the other Moyu 5x5's it Doesn't cost an arm and a leg)

mejohoz

Hi all,

I'm from the Netherlands, so I apologize for my mistakes in English(still learning:)).
So I'm looking for a good 4x4 (I don't own one) with minimal locks and pops and pretty good overall performance. After whatching a lot of reviews and comparisons, I have narrowed it down to two cubes that I might want to get: the CB G4 and the yuxin. (I'm Not including the aosu since it is so expencive, but it might be a better choise, so you can include it too.)
I have pretty small hands, so the G4 might be best for that.
I will put some work in a cube (tensioning, breaking in), but I don't really want to lube it, only when it is very necessary.
Which one should I get? Or is there another 4x4 that I might try?

Thanks! :)