• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started speed cubing and I want to buy a speed cube. I have an average of 1:44 seconds and I want a cube that is smooth and does well in corner cuts. I also want a cube that does not get stuck all the time and does not pop. I've seen a lot of brands like Yulong and aulong but I have not tested any of these. What cube should I get?

There are a lot of options. The MoYu TangLong is shoos controllable cube. You can see a lot of the compared here

Soot

Looking for the best and most importantly QUIETEST speed cube on the market (If it needs lube to get that way please tell me :) ) Money is no object B)

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking for the best and most importantly QUIETEST speed cube on the market (If it needs lube to get that way please tell me :) ) Money is no object B)
Gans 356. Lube makes it quieter, but it's pretty quiet to begin with. Shengshou aurora is also quiet, but doesn't perform as well. Keep in mind that no cube is silent when turning at full speed.

PurpleBanana

I'm going to get a Moyu Lingpo and I'm trying to decide whether to get the stickerless or the stickered version. Can some people weigh in on this?

I'm interested in the cube's speed and corner cutting ability.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to get a Moyu Lingpo and I'm trying to decide whether to get the stickerless or the stickered version. Can some people weigh in on this?

I'm interested in the cube's speed and corner cutting ability.
They will move the exact same. I like the bright stickerless shades of YJ/MoYu but the pink stickerless has a green I am not a fan of.

I'm a newer cuber, I just started in January, and I'm trying to decide on a new 3x3 to get. I started with a Guanlong, then a Thunderclap and a YueXiao. I do enjoy collecting cubes, so I don't mind having lots of them, but I'm still trying to find a 3x3 that I really enjoy using, as so far each one I've bought has small things I'd change about it. The Guanlong is just squashy and blocky feeling. The Thunderclap has a sort of 'stickiness' to it, especially when lubed, but I really like the speed. The Yuexiao feels fantastic when turning but is just too fast for me even with loads of 50k, and in the hand it feels kind of flexible and squashy almost like the Guanlong did. Of course I've experimented with lubing and tensions with every cube and they're all well broken in, I'm just finding the very small flaws after I use them for a while. What would you guys recommend? I'm tempted by a 356 V2 as I heard they're very very flexible in how you can set them up and customize them to your liking, especially if you buy extra spring sets, but I'm put off by the price.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
You could try relubing the thunderclap or at least setting it up again because I think that's supposed to be one of the most flexible cubes on the market and can be set up in a lot of different ways.

I've done the whole 'take it apart, clean each piece with warm soapy water, dry, put together, relube, tension' thing with it four or five times now to experiment with different lubes and amounts and haven't really gotten it right where I want it. I got very close for about two weeks, then I dropped it on my kitchen floor and it exploded, and haven't had much luck since. :/ Now it could very well be a bent screw or something actually, but really I'd rather just have the fun of a brand new puzzle than get another Thunderclap and maybe be disappointed it's no different. And the YueXiao just scoffs at whatever lube I put in it and slows down for maybe ten solves, then it's back to being way too fast.

Last edited:

efattah

Gans 356V2 is much harder to control than the YueXiao. However, the Gans 356V2 is (in my opinion), the least likely of any cube to lock up, even less so than the YueXiao.

The HuaLong is similar feel to a QiYi thunderclap but less likely to lock up.

Eric Fattah
Vancouver, BC

efattah

Also you might consider a Tang Long. The Tang Long looks and feels like Yuexiao but slower and much easier to control. However after owning two Tang Longs the problem I find is it is amazing out of the box... and after a couple of weeks of solving it slows down dramatically, and no amount of disassembly and re-lubing ever seems to get it back to its original glory.

Eric Fattah
Vancouver, BC

Tbh gans is too expensive I would suggest a aolong v2 :p also the x-man tornado is very flexible and is good with traxxas 50k the tornado is 14 dollars off c4s I believe and the aolong v2 is15 I believe