• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Hello,

I'm a beginning cuber. I'm looking for a speed cube (3x3x3). I now have the speed cube from Rubik's cube and I want to buy a new one because I makes a lot of noise and is locks up pretty often.

- I'm looking for a quiet cube so I can solve it in class.
- Locks up not that often
- I would prefer stickerless
- I can spend about € 20,-

My average time to solve a cube is about 1 minute 30.

Sigh... I don't think there is a quiet enough cube to solve in class. Because if you're going full speed, you're forcing the cube to corner cut and that makes noise. So I personally think any cube can be quiet as long as you make like 1 turn per second

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sigh... I don't think there is a quiet enough cube to solve in class. Because if you're going full speed, you're forcing the cube to corner cut and that makes noise. So I personally think any cube can be quiet as long as you make like 1 turn per second

My Gans 357 is pretty quiet though fairly overlubed and very broken in and pretty loose.

But then, it probably still isn't quiet enough.

Cecile

Which CHEAP cube in medium quantity (24-48 pieces)

Hi,

I want to have lot of cube so I can illustrate the different steps of a solve or a technic. I need at least 22 cubes (since all cubes can be solved in 20 moves ;) ), and may be able to afford up to 48 (but really, I don't want to spend more money than necessary).

I won't use these cubes, and really don't want to (nor can) pay 24*$5 for them. On the orther hand, I want something that *can* be solved (not they 3cm keychain that are so hard that you break you nails trying any rotation).

So, the cubes I've eliminated for now are :
-The cheapest 30mm keychains like http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...138177111.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.60.4Db2BY
-The cheapest 57mm cube with square angles like http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1200...cm-Puzzle-Magic-Game-Toy-Key/32395073894.html
-YJ Guanlong : this cube is very nice for the price, but best deal I could get was $69 pour 30 pieces, and though the deal is great, $69 is too much for me.

So, there seems to be a few alternatives, like
-"higher" grade keychains with rounded edges : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-3-3cm-puzzle-cube-magic_60201674640.html
-These "magic cube" cubes don't look as bad as the cheapest ones, but I could not try them nor find any review : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Thir...oys-professional-magic-box-3/32527244557.html . I can buy 2 boxes (24 cubes) for $36 shipped. (I'd rather have black cubes but... :) )
-The Cyclone Boys mini (40mm), cubezz sells them $31 for 22 pieces. The cube is not perfect (40mm, white, can't be tensionned) but usable.

Did someone test any of the two cubes I've found ? Does someone know of any alternative ?

Thanks you

Last edited:

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Really starting to get into cubing again and want to purchase a few 3x3's to expand my horizons and see what fits me best. I already have a cheap GuanLong and an AoLong V2. I really like the weight, smoothness, and quality plastic of my AoLong. I gave away a stickerless DaYan GuHong because it was too fast and loose for me (although I never really tried tensioning it properly), but I always thought it was pretty good otherwise. Good quality is one of my main criteria, and also since I'm still new to speedsolving I value stability and corner cutting over raw speed at this point.

I'd like to get three or so out of the following:

Another MoYu: HuaLong, TangLong, or other
DaYan: ZhanChi
Yuxin: I like their 2x2 and 5x5, so considering the 3x3 or Fire
FangShi: ShuangRen V2

Cost isn't really a factor. I just want a few good quality cubes that fit me best. If I end up with couple I don't like I have a few friends who would appreciate them as gifts. Suggest a few out of that list you think would be good for my tastes. Thanks!!

Aaron Lau

Really starting to get into cubing again and want to purchase a few 3x3's to expand my horizons and see what fits me best. I already have a cheap GuanLong and an AoLong V2. I really like the weight, smoothness, and quality plastic of my AoLong. I gave away a stickerless DaYan GuHong because it was too fast and loose for me (although I never really tried tensioning it properly), but I always thought it was pretty good otherwise. Good quality is one of my main criteria, and also since I'm still new to speedsolving I value stability and corner cutting over raw speed at this point.

Cost isn't really a factor. I just want a few good quality cubes that fit me best. If I end up with couple I don't like I have a few friends who would appreciate them as gifts. Suggest a few out of that list you think would be good for my tastes. Thanks!!

the tanglong sound like it would suit you. since you value stability and corner cutting over raw speed, this cube is perfect. it is one of the most stable cubes on the market and cuts just as good as all other cubes and it is very controllable so there is no need to worry if u cant control it.

Cecile

The QiYi seems nice. zcub has them for 43$ for 22 pieces (including shipping), they usually have better price. Thank you.

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
the tanglong sound like it would suit you. since you value stability and corner cutting over raw speed, this cube is perfect. it is one of the most stable cubes on the market and cuts just as good as all other cubes and it is very controllable so there is no need to worry if u cant control it.

Thanks! Appreciate that you made a rec and explained why. Sounds like a really good option for me.

Kudz

Hey! I would recommend an moyu aolong gt which is im not sure but the fastest 3x3. I myself use an aolong gt it is super fast and i love it. It doesn't lock up at all is very flexible corner cuts more than 45 and reverse a little more than half a cubie. It is an all rounder I would recommend it.:tu

My eyeez :(

For the more recent question. Get yourself pack of yuxins. They are cheap (even if you don't care) and really solid. For 2x2 pick dayan or tangpo tho, depends how serious on 2x2 you are.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Try the Fangshi Jeiyun, Its quite different feeling from other 3x3's (It's also a lot better than the Shuangren). Yuxin isn't too bad (If felt some at the comp I went to).

Oliver7073

WCA
2015PHAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am planning to buy a different speed cube. I want a cube that is
faster than a aolongv2
I don't have to lube the cube offen to make it fast
Won't slow down when you lube it or slows down when you break it in

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

MlgSloth

I need a really good sticker less cube that comes with bright shades and isn't too flexy, my yuxin flexes too much. :p

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Try the Fangshi Jeiyun, Its quite different feeling from other 3x3's (It's also a lot better than the Shuangren). Yuxin isn't too bad (If felt some at the comp I went to).

I've looked into the JeiYun and while it seems to stand out from the pack, the recessed stickers are kind of a turn off for me.

I'm definitely gonna grab the standard YuXin 3x3 and a TangLong, just trying to decide between a ZhanChi and a ShuangRen, really.

That said, is the ZhanChi kind of obsolete these days? The design is several years old at this point.