• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I want a cube for OH. 57 mm cubes feel really big in my hands. I'm around 1 min at OH. Should I get the Fangshi mini or the Weilong mini? Or should I get used to my 57 mm Aolong? Thanks!

The mini ShuangRen has smaller outer layers, but the same size slices as 57mm cubes. If you use Roux OH then I would definitely recommend the mini ShuangRen, but otherwise it's slightly harder to turn with it.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Guys I want a cube for OH. 57 mm cubes feel really big in my hands. I'm around 1 min at OH. Should I get the Fangshi mini or the Weilong mini? Or should I get used to my 57 mm Aolong? Thanks!

ShuangRen Mini is easier to turn but too uncontrollable, IMO. The Mini WeiLong is nice, stable and controllable for OH. I also like the Mini AoLong.

Out of these choices for 2x2's, which would be the best all-around cube, like, good corner cutting, good speed, smooth turning, stuff like that. I really like cubes with sort of a buttery feel when turning.
MoYu Lingpo
DaYan Zhanchi
MoYu Tangpo
Yuxin 2x2

Last edited:

trippin

Moyu AoLong v2 or Moyu WeiLong

I just ordered a white Moyu AoLong v2. Im pretty sure this is the cube i want, but i want to hear from some people which they find is better.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of these choices for 2x2's, which would be the best all-around cube, like, good corner cutting, good speed, smooth turning, stuff like that. I really like cubes with sort of a buttery feel when turning.
MoYu Lingpo
DaYan Zhanchi
MoYu Tangpo
Yuxin 2x2

The DaYan 2x2 is still considered by most to be the best of the bunch, but I'd say the TangPo has a good chance of taking it's place in the top spot. Though barely anyone has the TangPo yet.

The reason for my prediction is that I got the YJ YuPo yesterday (another 2x2 worth considering) and it's already really great. Spent a good portion of today breaking it in, an dafter lubing it, I'd say it's at least on par with -if not better- than my DaYan, surprising as that may be. If the TangPo turns out to be a more "premium", pricier version of the YuPo (their mechanisms are pretty similar), then I've no doubt that it'll be the best around.

But as I said, not many people have got their TangPos yet. Wait and see.

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Is the Yuxin timer of around the same quality as a stackmat? I'd like to get a stackmat, but it's kind of hard to justify paying $32 for a timer to my mum.

cubeguy2004

WCA
2014MINA01

i'm not really into one handed but from my experience weilong can overshoot a bit but it has good cornercutting but the fangshi might not corner cut well in tighter tensions.