• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NeilH

WCA
2015HEMN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, recently my Moyu Aosu started getting some bad lock ups that resulted in it unable to turn some faces so I took it apart and found that one of the pieces on the axis has broke and will not stay in place. So now im in search of a new 4x4 to get and I've been deciding on getting a Yuxin 4x4 or another Moyu Aosu. Which one should I get? or should I just wait for something possibly better to come out? I'm pretty into 4x4 too. Thanks!

I really love the yuxin and I've heard the CB is good with setting up but the mini aosu is slow. So I think yuxin but you really will be happy with any of the 4x4's out today

SoySauS

I have an Aolong and a Zhanchi, looking for another 3x3 to get that isn't Moyu or Dayan (just trying to find something different). Give me yo suggestions.

Also looking to buy a Square-1, which ones are best?

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
I have an Aolong and a Zhanchi, looking for another 3x3 to get that isn't Moyu or Dayan (just trying to find something different). Give me yo suggestions.

Also looking to buy a Square-1, which ones are best?

In 3x3, you might want to look at a Gans 356 if you don't want a Moyu cube. Others would be FangShi Jieyun or the Qiyi(also MofanGe/New Island) Thunderclap.

In Square 1 you should wait for reviews on the ShengShou Square 1 which just got released. That promises to have some promise

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Hi, recently my Moyu Aosu started getting some bad lock ups that resulted in it unable to turn some faces so I took it apart and found that one of the pieces on the axis has broke and will not stay in place. So now im in search of a new 4x4 to get and I've been deciding on getting a Yuxin 4x4 or another Moyu Aosu. Which one should I get? or should I just wait for something possibly better to come out? I'm pretty into 4x4 too. Thanks!

Whether or not you get a different cube, the AoSu is worth fixing. The Cubicle sells 4x4 replacement parts:

http://thecubicle.us/replacement-parts-p-3624.html

viperzz33

how heavy is the Gans 357 compared to hualong, guanlong and guangying?

iItill have not decided which cube to get, guangying or Gans 357. which one is lighter?

Dominic Diez

how heavy is the Gans 357 compared to hualong, guanlong and guangying?

iItill have not decided which cube to get, guangying or Gans 357. which one is lighter?

I would go with the 357, the guangying is a terribly performing cube - really bad corner cutting and its stupidly fast, I tried everything to slow it down and it just didn't.

viperzz33

my main question is the weight. so how does the weigh of Gans 357 compare to my hualong or weilong? is it as light as the guanlong? iIreally like the lightness of the guanlong but it didn't perform as well as my hualong. Also many said the HuaLong was light and was disappointed that as its weigh is similar to my weilong.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
my main question is the weight. so how does the weigh of Gans 357 compare to my hualong or weilong? is it as light as the guanlong? iIreally like the lightness of the guanlong but it didn't perform as well as my hualong. Also many said the HuaLong was light and was disappointed that as its weigh is similar to my weilong.

Honestly I don't get why you would put weight over performance in the balance when chosing a new 3x3. Anyway, replying to your question, my Gans 357 feels a bit lighter than my Hualong, but I don't like its twistiness at all. It flexes way too much due to the plastic core.

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
My Shuangren works just fine for speed solving, not the best performer but still nice.

Oh while speaking of Fangshi is the Jeiyun similar in speed to the Hualong? Also how heavy is it compared to the Hualong?

They are both quite fast. The hualong is fast without lube, but my jieyun needs a bit of lube to be really good. The hualong is heavy but feels light due to the hollow corners. The jieyun, on the other hand is kind of heavy but still light compared to like moyu I guess. It feels heavier because it is so sturdy and stable.

Doof

The Gans 357 is a great cube. Just glue the corners, and its so called "flimsiness" disappears. And there is little to no flex in it at all. It's the first cube that feels like it wants to turn. Its as smooth as a silk buttery baby's bib. Despite recent acclaim, I still believe it to be under-rated.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Gans 357 is a great cube. Just glue the corners, and its so called "flimsiness" disappears. And there is little to no flex in it at all. It's the first cube that feels like it wants to turn. Its as smooth as a silk buttery baby's bib. Despite recent acclaim, I still believe it to be under-rated.

I will definitely try that. As I'm not using my 357 at all currently, if things go wrong the only I will lose is a cube I don't use. And if your advice works maybe I will find a new main. After a year or so of fidelity to a YJ Chilong as my main, lately I'm changing mains quite frequently. I've gone over Huanying, Hualong and now Yueying and none of them is quite the perfect one, even though I seem to get very similar times with all of them.

Doof

Great! Just make sure the edges stay well aligned. And you might need to sand the edges just slightly--but that's more superfical. Just be sure to let the pieces dry completely before putting the cube back together.

Penunce

Beginner

Learning to solve in general, would you recommend rubiks brand cubes or a speedcube e.g. deyan?

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Learning to solve in general, would you recommend rubiks brand cubes or a speedcube e.g. deyan?

Honestly it depends on whether you're serious about speedsolving or not. If you just want to solve and don't care about your time, sure go get a Rubik's brand. Anyone that knows how to solve it is impressive whether fast or not. But if you're speedsolving you may as well just go buy a speedcube now. Personally I would just go out straight away and buy a good speedcube and skip the Guanlong. Have a look at the Cubicle Premium cubes as they are already set up and lubed for you.

viperzz33

Honestly I don't get why you would put weight over performance in the balance when chosing a new 3x3. Anyway, replying to your question, my Gans 357 feels a bit lighter than my Hualong, but I don't like its twistiness at all. It flexes way too much due to the plastic core.

It's called feel. I don't choose a cube just by performance. I prefer lighter cubes that's why I'm looking for a light cube that performs well.