• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

bobcrackchuc

WCA
2015JENS02
Best full competition set?

So I've just gotten into speedcubing these past couple of months, and I'm getting pretty good. I'm kind of at the point where the original Shengshou cubes I got just aren't cutting it. So I have an opportunity to get some more cubes, and I want to complete my competition set.

I have some cubes that I find very satisfactory, mainly my Moyu Weilong, my Moyu Weisu, my SS Megaminx, and my MF8 Square-1. But everything else, I would really like some suggestions on what the best cubes are.

I would love your recommendations on a good 2x2, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, Skewb, and Pyraminx.

Thank you so much in advance!

pdilla

HuaChuang is probably the go to 5x5 nowadays. 6x6 is a toss up between SS and AoShi, depending on whether or not you are willing to mod your cube or not. 7x7 is probably still the Mini SS.

bobcrackchuc

WCA
2015JENS02
My Square-1 is the V2.

I really like the Moyu cubes a lot, and it seems like they dominate a lot of the space, but I'm wondering about the Lingpo and the Aofu. How well do those compare to the competition?

I

IAmEpic2004

Hey, looking for a new 4x4, (right now I have a shengshou version something) and I was wondering which one is better, Aosu, Weisu, or something else. The Aosu is a bit pricey, but if it's well worth getting, I can save up more, or if it's not worth saving up, if getting a Weisu or something else is better. Can someone tell me which one is worth getting?

Need help with finding a new cube

Alright so I have been solving puzzles for like a moth or two. I currently have these puzzles: pyraminx, gear shift, shengshou 2x2 3x3 4x4 5x5 and two other rubiks cubes. My shengshou 3x3 is supper crappy it has pops and is really slow even with tensions and lube. I have done research and i have found a MoYu Weilong that looks really good and some maru lube with it. is that a good match? recommendations for any other cube or lube on the market? TELL ME.

3214will

Ya, the weilong with maru lube is good, but I would suggest the Cong's design Yueying. It is really controllable, and would be good for how fast you are.

WCA
2014ATTI01
Hey, looking for a new 4x4, (right now I have a shengshou version something) and I was wondering which one is better, Aosu, Weisu, or something else. The Aosu is a bit pricey, but if it's well worth getting, I can save up more, or if it's not worth saving up, if getting a Weisu or something else is better. Can someone tell me which one is worth getting?

Aosu, no question

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yuxin! And it's cheap, since that seems to be a concern