• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
What kind of puzzle should I get?

Thanks guys! I got a purple Yileng, before I saw the replies, because I never thought anybody would see this post. Also, brian72409080, where are you in Taipei? (PM me other wise, it might be like the video in which paradox cubing had to whisper coz there was a serial killer!

--Sean

Plz invite me to the Jade Club! Email - [email protected]

Last edited:

brian724080

I don't think the Golden Cube is a 3x3. I believe it's a 2x2 Ghost Cube, and yes, they are pretty difficult. You should check out the Moyu Crazy Yileng.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I don't think the Golden Cube is a 3x3. I believe it's a 2x2 Ghost Cube, and yes, they are pretty difficult. You should check out the Moyu Crazy Yileng.

The golden cube is a 'ghost skewb' if you will.

Although they're no longer in production and are very expensive to obtain.

Also, inb4 moved to 'what cube should I get' thread.

brian724080

Wait... so I can't get the Zhanchi silk or force cube zhanchi by just buying them pre-made?

Short answer: Nope.

TheCubicle used to sell Zhanchi silks, and if you really want a force cube, you can always buy six sticker-less Zhanchis. There really isn't much of a point in doing so because the regular Zhanchi works just fine. I guess if you want a colorful Zhanchi collection, go with the force cubes.

camocuber

I'm learning 4x4 but only have a Rubik's brand. Becoming extremely annoyed with its catching and lock ups, what would be a good cube to get?

DoctorPepper

I'm learning 4x4 but only have a Rubik's brand. Becoming extremely annoyed with its catching and lock ups, what would be a good cube to get?

If Price is no problem, the Moyu Aosu is one of the most amazing cubes ever. Otherwise, thr Shengshou 4x4 is pretty decent

Haven't seen any other posts similar to mine (maybe I haven't looked hard enough -- please don't "rip" on me), so here goes a post.

I haven't cubed much in about three years. I don't have any of the cubes I used to, so I'm stuck with a Rubik's 3x3 (joy oh joy). I was wondering, what is(are) the "best" 3x3(s) out there?

I used to LOVE my F-ii, out of all the cubes I had tried. I had a Dayan Guhong and an A-V, but I just didn't care too much for those. I really disliked the Guhong.

Also, what is/are the best 5x5(s) available? I just ordered a ShengShou, so I'm basically wanting some moral support in regards to making a good decision (ha ha).

-D

EDIT: I think it's implied, but just to clarify -- I am not familiar with any "new" brands.

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haven't seen any other posts similar to mine (maybe I haven't looked hard enough -- please don't "rip" on me), so here goes a post.

I haven't cubed much in about three years. I don't have any of the cubes I used to, so I'm stuck with a Rubik's 3x3 (joy oh joy). I was wondering, what is(are) the "best" 3x3(s) out there?

I used to LOVE my F-ii, out of all the cubes I had tried. I had a Dayan Guhong and an A-V, but I just didn't care too much for those. I really disliked the Guhong.

Also, what is/are the best 5x5(s) available? I just ordered a ShengShou, so I'm basically wanting some moral support in regards to making a good decision (ha ha).

-D

EDIT: I think it's implied, but just to clarify -- I am not familiar with any "new" brands.

This very good edited video can help you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

-D

hi I think I remember you from forever ago

moyu weilong/aolong
gans3 57

shengshou 5x5

camocuber

I'm new to cubing so...
MY 3x3 Dayan GuHong V2 might be coming in the mail tomorrow!!!!!!
It's my first spped cube and I hope it comes tomorrow otherwise I'd have to take a Rubik's when I leave for camp Monday morning....
Anyhow, I hope it does and I'm ultra excited. My lube came in the mail today.
I also have a mirror cube and a curvey copter in the mail but it will be a while before I see those...
I can see how the curvey copter might be difficult but I'm not too afraid of the mirror cube. I have a Rubik's 3x3 and 4x4 and a gearball right now, and I'm thinkin' of getting the Moyu Aosu to replace my 4x4. That seems to be what a lot of people are telling me, so yeah.

WCA
2014ATTI01
Any cubes out there for Roux users?

I bought most of my mains when I still used Fridich but now in Roux some of the cubes that worked fine in Fridich don't work out as well in Roux because the M-Slice is not as good as general turning. Any recommendations?
+ Bonus Q:
Will Lube affect my M-Slice?

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought most of my mains when I still used Fridich but now in Roux some of the cubes that worked fine in Fridich don't work out as well in Roux because the M-Slice is not as good as general turning. Any recommendations?
+ Bonus Q:
Will Lube affect my M-Slice?

GuHong, Zhanchi, Weilong, and Aolong all do mid slicing just fine. I've used them all as my mains from time to time.

Lube affects everything. For me, I prefer to just barely lube and keep things as loose as I can so the M Slices flow better.