• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SoupFlies

WCA
2010CHAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally I prefer the GuHong with torpedos to the ZhanChi at all.
To me the ZhanChi feels extremely fragile, even though it will not pop.
The GuHong feels much more solid and square, and performs on the same level as the ZhanChi

The only zhanchi I like is Donovans prototype, I plot on stealing it soon.

Michael1026

Which 2x2? I was thinking of getting the one from Lubix because I was ordering Lubix lube and it would be more convenient....Is there a better cube? I'm not looking for record times or anything, just a nice cube.

Nevermind, bought a WitEden, looks amazing :D.

Last edited:

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I could be getting money for Christmas, and I'd like to know in advance what I should buy.

5x5(maybe) : Shengshou

Square-1 : mf8

Pyraminx : ??? What are considered the best Pyraminxes out there?

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Thanks for the advice on Magics guys!

Jaycee:
For the 5x5, Shengshou and V-Cube are supposed to be the best. Shengshou would probably be the best choice if you want to ration your money. However, I hear V-cube can become godly if lubed and modded. It really comes down to how much time, money, and effort you want to spend.
I can't help you on the Square-1...
For Pyraminx, I heard QJ was supposed to be good, so that is the one I am going to get, if that helps.

shapeshifter

(Sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I'm a n00b here.)

anyway, I've been cubing for a little while and I really like it, so I'm thinking of getting a proper speedcube. :D Right now I'm using a rubik's storebought that I've sanded and I also modified the centre pieces a little to reduce lock-ups. Though it didn't really help.
I'm currently thinking about just getting either the Guhong or the Zhanchi, but am open to other suggestions. I'd like a slightly 'clickier' cube that can cut corners decently and won't lock up every other turn like my storebought. I'd also like it to be reasonably sturdy and resistant to pops. :)

I'm also thinking of getting a 2x2, so any suggestions for that as well would be great. :)

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could suggest where to buy such cubes as well. I'm looking for places with free shipping if possible :D I'm based in Hong Kong, if that helps.

Thanks! :D

thackernerd

WCA
2011THAC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

anyway, I've been cubing for a little while and I really like it, so I'm thinking of getting a proper speedcube. :D Right now I'm using a rubik's storebought that I've sanded and I also modified the centre pieces a little to reduce lock-ups. Though it didn't really help.
I'm currently thinking about just getting either the Guhong or the Zhanchi, but am open to other suggestions. I'd like a slightly 'clickier' cube that can cut corners decently and won't lock up every other turn like my storebought. I'd also like it to be reasonably sturdy and resistant to pops. :)

I'm also thinking of getting a 2x2, so any suggestions for that as well would be great. :)

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could suggest where to buy such cubes as well. I'm looking for places with free shipping if possible :D I'm based in Hong Kong, if that helps.

puzzleaddictions.com I think the best thing for you to do would be to get the Dayan Zhanchi and the witeden 2x2.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel

3x3: GuHong is very smooth, Zhanchi is clicky. My Zhanchi cuts more than my Guhong so get the Zhanchi. The AV is also a clicky cube and so is the F3. Go on youtube and watch some reviews if you want. I'm pretty sure you get access to youtube in Hong Kong. Zhanchi can't pop unless you set the tensions too loose.

2x2: Witeden 2x2 (Type C, also known as WitTwo) is really good if you want to spend tons of money on a 2x2. It costs about the same as a Zhanchi. Get a Lan Lan 2x2 if you want basically the same thing but a little less corner cutting. Lan Lan cost way less. I got mine for about 3 dollars. My Lan Lan cuts more than my extremely (over) modified rubik's brand.

Isn't there a physical cube store in Hong Kong? If not Pickegg.com is shipping from China and it's really cheap compared to other online stores.

ZeeK

which cube is the best 4x4 i have a shengshou III but it locks a lot but maybe its normal for 4x4 so?

hammerhead

WCA
2011RUIZ02
which cube is the best 4x4 i have a shengshou III but it locks a lot but maybe its normal for 4x4 so?

If you are willing to put the time and effort(and MONEY) for an X-Cube, then do it. Its a hellofalot of breaking in, but I think my cube is AMAZING.