• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

adarsh_mathai

The WR M 2021 is according to the reviews so far, almost the same as the Tornado V2, just a little heavier, a few dollars pricier, and apparently noiser but it seems better in reverse corner-cutting and it allows you to get to the springs. There is a review from SpeedCubeShop comparing these two (but not with the Gan356 M).

I actually had tornado v2 in my mind too. But it has a rivetted screw and if I ever need to lube the spring and screw, it's just gonna make it a lot harder. The lockup and corner-cutting problems that many others told also kinda took me away from tornado v2. I saw your thread on it BTW. It's a nice one. I'm not a fast cuber so maybe yeah tornado v2 seems good too. I've heard it feels a lot like the GAN puzzles. But I guess if I'm spending $25 I might as well spend a bit more and buy avoid the lockup and corner-cutting issues.

CubeGuyYT

Hello all.

I currently have the Moyu RS3 M and the Gan 356 XS.

Does anyone have any good cubes to recommend? Any price is good; I prefer fast cubes.

If it helps, I shop at Cubing Out Loud, a Canadian speedcubing store and have lube.

Sub1Hour

Hello all.

I currently have the Moyu RS3 M and the Gan 356 XS.

Does anyone have any good cubes to recommend? Any price is good; I prefer fast cubes.

If it helps, I shop at Cubing Out Loud, a Canadian speedcubing store and have lube.
I'll echo what @zzoomer said, Those are 2 of the best puzzles on the market, I'd branch out and get some big cubes or side events if you don't already have them. Getting some lubricant is also a great idea. If you really need a cube then I would just buy a Valk M. It's the greatest cube of all time and there is a reason that people still use it 5 years after release.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need about 10$ more in my cubicle order for the free expedited shipping, are there any puzzles that are a little over 10$ that are cool/have good performance?
It's $14 but I like the Super Ivy cube:

Sub1Hour

Honestly, you might not like some of the recommendations. Its just personal preference. I have experienced this. There must be something you want, or a lube restock
I completely forgot how garbage the moyu redi-cube is so I'm getting a yuxin "petals" cube.
It's $14 but I like the Super Ivy cube:

Very Interesting, I actually think this might be at my local toy shop, they sell a lot of non-WCA stuff like ghost cubes and whatnot.
borgir
I would but I don't want my valk to feel bad when I switch to a sandwich as my main.

cyanide

I'm planning on purchasing a Gan 356 XS 3x3 from SpeedCubeShop and I'm unsure if I should get the pro setup service addon for it. Does the 356 XS come good out of the box?

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I'm planning on purchasing a Gan 356 XS 3x3 from SpeedCubeShop and I'm unsure if I should get the pro setup service addon for it. Does the 356 XS come good out of the box?
the XS is outdated and not worth it. I made the same mistake when I bought an X.
You can get a moyu wrm 2021, or a Tornado v2, or even a 11m duo if you want to try gan, and put the extra money to better use

Fast Tim

I’m recently sub-25 on 3x3 with the meilong m. It has quite a lot of lock ups and I think I should get a better cube. I’ve heard of the rs3m 2020 and I asked my cubing friend to lend me his, however I think it’s not suitable for me. Therefore any budget cube suggestions besides the rs3m 2020? thx a lot

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m recently sub-25 on 3x3 with the meilong m. It has quite a lot of lock ups and I think I should get a better cube. I’ve heard of the rs3m 2020 and I asked my cubing friend to lend me his, however I think it’s not suitable for me. Therefore any budget cube suggestions besides the rs3m 2020? thx a lot
I use the Yulong v2m as well. Its a good budget cube from the YJ company.

YouTube
Visit Channel
try tensioning your cube, my meilong m is amazing. However, if you are sure you need a new cube, here are a few cheap options
Thunderclap V3M
Qiyi MS
YLM Magnetic
Yulong V2M
Kylin V2M
I don't have these, but they are very popular ones.

zzoomer

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're locking up on a Meilong M (a good cube), you probably have rough turning. RS3M is great for rough turners. Perhaps your friend's RS3M wasn't set up to your preferences. Keep in mind that it's a very customizable cube, though. You can adjust tensions and spring strength, and the cube is very adaptive to lubes