• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sitina

I am looking for a smooth buttery 3x3. It is not necessary for competition. It may just be a warm up cube and just great to turn. A low price will also be appreciated. Any opinions?

sumtingwong

Yj mgc v1 is very smooth and only costs $15. However this cube's cornercutting is sub par but not a deal breaker. This cube also has a blocky feeling which some may like while others won't

Sitina

I am looking for a smooth buttery 3x3. It is not necessary for competition. It may just be a warm up cube and just great to turn. A low price will also be appreciated. Any opinions?

Is the Dayan Tengyun V1 better or the Tengyun V2m? Because I heard that the V2m has a more snappy feeling/more sandy feeling, and so maybe not smooth as V1?

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Although it's a little old, I can't think of a more buttery cube than the Thunderclap v1. It came out in 2015 and was an instant hit. While it is magnetless, it also consistently costs "less" than $9 in most store (where less means by $0.01 or $0.05).
I do have the WRM which is a really great cube thats super smooth, but I wouldn't exactly consider it buttery. In addition, it costs 4x more than the thunderclap.
It's a little loud and even though corner cutting's pretty good, it's a bit snappy. It also doesn't have the best anti-corner twisting mechanisms in place, so you'll get those if you're not too careful.

I can't speak for the other cubes that people have suggested, but I can reasonably confidently say that this cube has one of the best feelings out there (though it might not develop until you've broken it down and added a bit of heavy silicon lube).

Chinmay47

If you're looking for something in the budget line then I guess, you can go for Yuxin cubes! Appreciable options range from the Little Magic to Kylin Black. Also YJ cubes can satisfy your need if you want something in the cheap magnetic line. I guess Yulong V2M might be a great suggestion. And of course, if your requirements are not the budget type, then you must go for the GuHong V2M or DaYan TengYun V2M or even the GAN 356 XS and the Valk 3 Elite. By the way, all cubes can be made "buttery smooth " by using lubes such as the GAN standard lube or maybe the Lubicle. Also try out SpeedCubeShop's seasonal lubes if you really want your cube to perform the best!

Is the Dayan Tengyun V1 better or the Tengyun V2m? Because I heard that the V2m has a more snappy feeling/more sandy feeling, and so maybe not smooth as V1?
I guess the V1 M is quite better cause its sound is a little less weird than the V2 M. My brother has one and he is quite happy with it! :D :D

Zubin Park

I guess the V1 M is quite better cause its sound is a little less weird than the V2 M. My brother has one and he is quite happy with it! :D :D
I agree the V1 is eons better than the V2. Would definitely recommend if it's just a warm up cube. What's your main?

Jenaxu

Looking at the TengYun v2 and the GTS3M as my first good speedcube, what are peoples opinons on the two?

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looking at the TengYun v2 and the GTS3M as my first good speedcube, what are peoples opinons on the two?
Get the Tengyun. Some people are put off by the magnet strength and ridges of the GTS3M. Personally, neither one bothered me. You are far more likely to enjoy the Tengyun than the GTS3M since it doesn't have ridges and is (more) adjustable to fit what you like.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you want from the cube? Do you want it to be really fast, really stable, have good corner cutting etc. I have a Valk Elite and it's pretty stable with the strong springs and magnets, but if you want something more flexible and fast get the Tengyun.

Jenaxu

What do you want from the cube? Do you want it to be really fast, really stable, have good corner cutting etc. I have a Valk Elite and it's pretty stable with the strong springs and magnets, but if you want something more flexible and fast get the Tengyun.
I'm not sure as I don't really have a frame of reference for what I'd prefer, although I guess that would be a point for the Tengyun given that it does have a wider range of options.

Get the Tengyun. Some people are put off by the magnet strength and ridges of the GTS3M. Personally, neither one bothered me. You are far more likely to enjoy the Tengyun than the GTS3M since it doesn't have ridges and is (more) adjustable to fit what you like.
I don't think those elements of the GTS3M would bother me, but yeah, it does seem like the Tengyun is the "safer" choice. Disregarding customizability which one do you personally prefer?