• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MJS Cubing

I don't know where to ask this, but it has to do with getting cubes, so I figured I'd ask it here. This may sound stupid, but when someone says "Bump" when they're selling cubes on the forums, what does it mean?

PetrusQuber

WCA
2020XIEC01
I don't know where to ask this, but it has to do with getting cubes, so I figured I'd ask it here. This may sound stupid, but when someone says "Bump" when they're selling cubes on the forums, what does it mean?
It bumps the thread to the top of the homepage, so people can see it. Since they don’t actually have anything to say, they say ‘Bump’

MJS Cubing

Hi there. I'm curious what the quietest cube out there is. Is it still the Tengyun? Quietest cube I currently own is an MF3RS-M. It's not too bad, but I would appreciate something even quieter.
I think the quietest cube (I have the tengyun too, is the Valk elite.

ProStar

"Bump" is something people will post to try to keep a thread from dying, that way more people will see it. It also isn't just for selling puzzles, but for any thread.

js5752

I'm looking to make a calendar cube. I know I can get the stickers from Oscars, but I don't know what cube to use. Most of my cube are GANS and the rounded center would not work well. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Can't you just buy one? I just got mine off of Amazon, and it's great!
Can you provide the link to the one you like from amazon? There’s a lot junk and plenty of cubes people on this site would find very unpleasant to turn. I’m also trying to find or make a smooth turning calendar cube but am concerned about the sticker / piece shape compatibility. Thanks

^^sorry to double post. I have a lot of old cube4you and cube smith sticker sets I’d like to use up. What’s a good modern smooth turning cube that has relatively squared off pieces that older sticker sets can be applied to without needing to cut/modify the stickers?

js5752

I looked on Amazon and saw a calendar cube going for around $30.
That seemed a bit on the high side I thought. Cheap cube plus inexpensive stickers, I could make a couple for less than 30.

-Jeff

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
Can you provide the link to the one you like from amazon? There’s a lot junk and plenty of cubes people on this site would find very unpleasant to turn. I’m also trying to find or make a smooth turning calendar cube but am concerned about the sticker / piece shape compatibility. Thanks
Mine turns very well, actually!
Here a link to a black plastic one... : https://www.amazon.com/Calendar-Picture-Sticker-Twisty-Puzzle/dp/B01MAXO9KZ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=calendar+rubiks+cube&qid=1579126662&sr=8-2
...and a white plastic one: https://www.amazon.com/Calendar-Picture-Sticker-Twisty-Puzzle/dp/B01M7QN89R/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=calendar+rubiks+cube&qid=1579126713&sr=8-4
(Geez, Amazon has long URL's...)