• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jeff Dunham

With $50 AUD total ($35 USD) budget I want a 2x2 and 4x4 cube, both magnetic. What is the best combo?

Just for context on my magnet preference, my 3x3 is a Moyu GTS 2M. I think the magnets should be a bit stronger. I'd prefer something closer to the strength of gan air sm (somewhere in between).

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a sub 45 solver, I use a GAN356 Air (it's not magnetic because I couldn't be bothered to spend an extra $8, but I think a strong magnetic cube would be very good).

It's a good cube for Feet as it's very stable. I think I switched out the orange and green shades for fluros for better visibility. It's mostly just lubed with a lot of whatever heavy stuff I was using when I was actively practicing Feet (either Cubicle Weight 4 or Traxxas 50k).

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Big Sail with very strong magnets and black instead of orange and hot pink instead of red. I’ve considered switching to a GTS3M probably with extra magnets, but haven’t spent that money yet.

6est9evet

So im interested in buying a new 3x3 because the screw and sprig on my xuxib kylin v2 flew and i wasnt able to find them.
My price cap is below $20.
I was looking at a few cubes like the Gan 356r,guogan yuexiao e and the supernova rs3m. Do you guys have any cubes you'd recomend for a 3x3 under $20.

Zarxrax

I hear the magnetized little magic is quite good.
MGC Elite should be released soon and is expected to be around the $20 range. A few early reviews have been quite positive, but I don't know how it will stack up against some of the other options.

chron0s

The RS3 is a nice cube, needs a little bit of setup I think so the supernova version might be a good option. do you prefer black or stickerless? I wouldn't go non-magnetic unless you dislike magnets - the YJ Yulong V2 is a really, really nice puzzle with a little bit of setup and is just $7 new.

6est9evet

The RS3 is a nice cube, needs a little bit of setup I think so the supernova version might be a good option. do you prefer black or stickerless? I wouldn't go non-magnetic unless you dislike magnets - the YJ Yulong V2 is a really, really nice puzzle with a little bit of setup and is just $7 new.
I prefer stickerless but i dont disloke stickers,but on my qiyi mofangge 3x3,like it doesnt have stickers its just a thin layer of paint made to look like stickers i think and its really bad,also i dont dislike magnets its just that i am a begginner and i new cube to get me into 3x3 again.

GAN 356 X

YLM is amazing, and it would be better still with magnets, which I haven't tried. The sticker quality is pretty and though

Just for reference I have a gts2m and gan x, and have also tried the tengyun, Yulong etc... To me I would consider it as my main if it were magnetised and with better stickers. I also average 19-21 seconds for your reference

Kirito

I don’t really hate gan air sm but I don’t really anjoy turning it. So I’m thinking about getting cube that is good and cube that I should anjoy turning it. I currently like turning the yuxin little magic m with n50 magnet and gts3m. I get about sub 12 to 16.
I do fine in all cubes btw.