• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I'm not that skilled. I can tear a cube down, clean it and add lube, followed by putting it all back but I don't know where to start with adding magnets.
O do own a couple magnetic cubes with strong magnets.
I'm not a spped solver in practice. My pb on a 3x3 is probably around 45 sec to 1 min. I do the CFOP and just have fun.
Guess if I wanted to I could go down that avenue I could but I hate competitions. Prolly cuz I always see the bad in people.

I've been impressed with the reviews on the budget friendly Yj YuLong V2 M. ( apparently it has slots for magnets, guess you can modify it.) It's a cube I'd thought about, without spending over $60. If you are looking for a step up there's the Gan 356 Air, I'm happy with my Cubicle Labs (MoYu) Aosu Gts2 M. It's a 4x4 that's chamged my mind about purchasing premium cubes.
My first 4x4, back in the day, the Revenge pops like fireworks unless I baby it.
Good luck

YouTube
CoachTabeCubing
I'm not that skilled. I can tear a cube down, clean it and add lube, followed by putting it all back but I don't know where to start with adding magnets.
Adding magnets to a 3x3 is very easy. I go over it in full detail, answering all your questions about magnets themselves, what to buy, and how to do it in this tutorial:

I've been impressed with the reviews on the budget friendly Yj YuLong V2 M. ( apparently it has slots for magnets, guess you can modify it.) It's a cube I'd thought about, without spending over $60. If you are looking for a step up there's the Gan 356 Air, I'm happy with my Cubicle Labs (MoYu) Aosu Gts2 M. It's a 4x4 that's chamged my mind about purchasing premium cubes.
My first 4x4, back in the day, the Revenge pops like fireworks unless I baby it.
Good luck
Yuxin little magic M is the best budget 3x3. You may get the Cubicle Labs Yuxin little magic M for $19.99 if you have enough money to spend, or you may self-magnetize it. The stock Yuxin little magic M 3x3 is much cheaper, coming at $4.99.
You may refer to the poll results in the budget high-end 3x3 comparison thread here: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/budget-high-end-3x3-comparison.73563/

Can’t really say. I don’t have a YLM 4x4 YET.
Yuxin little magic m 4x4 and the MoYu meilong M 4x4, which one is better?
Is the slow speed of the Yuxin Little Magic M 4x4 an issue? I have heard that it is as slow as the QiYi WuQue M.
I have the qiyi thunderclap, but since I have over magnetized it, it's very sluggish. I am looking for an upgrade. Should I get the yuxin little magic M 4x4 or the meilong M 4x4?