• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
The wuque mini is perfect for my hands. I can do the oll parity in 3 seconds. It fits my turning style. I don't know about you. You might have different opinions. All the Moyu cubes I've tried have lockups. I won't suggest the aosu. Check the reviews of them on youtube.

The reviews of valk 4 are great, my experience with moyu is a lot of lockups. You can even get the WuqueMini M. Its good for big as well as small hands.
I also tend to get a lot of lockups on my 4x4 solves, probably because my method uses mostly inner slice turns. I'm hoping the Valk 4 with strong magnets will help with stability.

I'm currently using an unmagnetized GTS2 and the Mr. M.

I also tend to get a lot of lockups on my 4x4 solves, probably because my method uses mostly inner slice turns. I'm hoping the Valk 4 with strong magnets will help with stability.

I'm currently using an unmagnetized GTS2 and the Mr. M.
I have heard that the Mr M is really great. It is cheaper and better than the qiyi thunderclap mini, and it is magnetic.

yo, it's been a while since i last cubed. My most recent purchase was a yuexiao pro in september 2017... haha. I haven't tried any magnetized cubes and heard that basically a yulong v2 m would be better than any of my older, pre-2018 non-magnetized cubes. I want to get back into the groove with 3x3 and figure out how good magnets are. Keep in mind im also a collector :p
Anyway I just would like to know what cube nowadays performs well and feels like a tanglong- you know, smooth but also light and crispy but sorta solid too? I can't really describe it, but I LOVED my tanglong's feel before its core snapped and ****ing died. It also wasnt magnetized.
Any suggestions? My budget is around 40 bucks at most and probably no more.

I'd try the new factory magnetized Valk3m...
Thanks for the suggestion, ill check it out :)
However if it feels like a normal Valk, which it probably does, it might be a no-no. I have a Valk 3 and it's feel is superb but not really like a tanglong, it isn't as crispy.. or whatever word you use to describe the tanglong's feel.

WCA
2013MAZU02
I own a wuque, a mini wuque M, and a gts2m. The mini is very inconsistent in terms of quality. The gts2m is a tad fast and very locky for a rough turner, but very fun to solve on. The wuque is about what you would expect from a non-magnetic. I main the gts2. I would recommend going to a comp, trying the Valk (as I will), but it seems like a really solid choice (its even 60 mm!).

Edit- My gts2m is kinda bad, but I have tried some really good gts2's. Definitely a solid option.

Compress the springs

Cyotheking has a pretty good tutorial
the wuque M is really expensive so I dont think its even an option. And dont even try to justify 70 bucks when there are 40 dollar options

I was at the London open and I asked mats valk about a valk4 and he told me that he had rejected it and that he would only accept it if it was better than the wuque.
Someone else told me that he had let Feliks try a valk pro and that he had a go to but didn't mention what it felt like. However I later asked mats valk and he was cautious to prevent anyone taking pictures of the new valk and he wouldn't let me try it. He told me he rejected it and said that it was probably better than the valk3 but not good enough.
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/valk4-and-valk-pro-leak.65613/