• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2023FUKU01
most stable:
1.mf3rs3
2.mf3rs2
3.little magic m
fastest:
1.little magic m
2.mf3rs2
3.mf3rs3
lightest:
1.little magic m
2.mf3rs2
3.mf3rs3
extra reminders:
-mf3rs3 has rooms for magnets inside the pieces, but it only fits 4*1.5 magnets. 4*2 magnets won't fit in the room.
-the yuxin little magic m has frosted surface on the stickerless version, where the stickers are crap on the black version. If you are going to get the yuxin little magic m, you are recommended to get the stickerless version, unless you are going to replace the stickers on the black version.
The yuxin little magic m stickerless is my current main, and I found that after I get use to the frosted surface, it isn't an issue. It is not as frosted as the qiyi budget cubes.
Although the stickers on mf3rs2 are not as bad as on the yuxin little magic m, the stickers are not that great. If you are going to get the mf3rs2, get the stickerless version.
I personally won't suggest getting the mf3rs3, as it is tooooooo sluggish. Lube doesn't help much on speeding up slow cubes. But for fast cubes, lubrication works well. Fast cubes can be slowed down a lot by lube. Both mf3rs2 and the yuxin little magic m are great budget cubes, just depends on your turning style.

Last edited:

Edwardtw92

I’ve tried both only once so don’t really know those two cubes well so I need some help to decide which to get

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel

Sudn_Cubes

Hello! This is my first post in here :)
(Sorry for my english, im not a native english speaker)

My current main is the valk 3, i have been using this cube for a long time and i realise that it requires alot of force to turn it, and i like a cube that is fast so i can solve it while being relaxed and not catches.

I am also looking for a cube that is magnetic

My budget is around 20-30 dollars, and im considering to buy a mf3rs3m but, i need some suggestion from you guys

Thanks! Cheers!

Note: I am a roux solver, i need a cube whose middle layer is easy to turn.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel

SuperCheese

WCA
2018SCHR02
Depends on your budget and your preference. Do you like super fast cubes, or slower cubes? What is your budget? There's a thread that recommends the best cube for each budget level. You should check it out.

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/which-cube-should-i-get-up-to-date-recommendations.70960/

The new Valk 2M is also a contender for one of the best cubes out there.
My main now is the Gan 249 v2 M and I have had it for a long time. I would like a smooth and fast cube. Do you know of any 2x2s like that?

Sudn_Cubes

You should check out the post that lists all the best options for each budget level.

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/which-cube-should-i-get-up-to-date-recommendations.70960/

Also, I can really recommend the Supernova Yuxin Little Magic M from Speedcubeshop. It's very, very fast, but controllable due to the magnets. I'm also a Roux solver and I'm really enjoying it.

The GTS2 M is also very good, it's gone down in price a lot since the new Moyu flagships were released.

Thanks mate! Seems that yj mgc is a very good cube for 15 bucks, but theres is a v2 of it that cost more (like 3 bucks more), is it worth to buy the v1, v2, or just buy another cube?

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks mate! Seems that yj mgc is a very good cube for 15 bucks, but theres is a v2 of it that cost more (like 3 bucks more), is it worth to buy the v1, v2, or just buy another cube?

The MGC 2 is very very good according to some people, and very very bad according to a lot of people. YMMV. Check some reviews on youtube about it. If you watch CubeSolveHero's review it's the best cube for its money. If you watch Cubicle reviews it's literally garbage.

GTS 2 M is very good, the current WR was done on this cube. And I really like the Supernova Yuxin Little Magic M. For under 20 bucks, you got a world class cube, IMO.

StrideGd

So, I wanted to start doing Skewb, but I don't have one. I would like to know if there are any budget skewbs out there that i should buy.