• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kartikey

Hey! I would recommend an moyu aolong gt which is im not sure but the fastest 3x3. I myself use an aolong gt it is super fast and i love it. It doesn't lock up at all is very flexible corner cuts more than 45 and reverse a little more than half a cubie. It is an all rounder I would recommend it.:tu

TheNewbCuber

I'm looking for a stickerless 3x3 which has a really crispy feel and is very controllable( I'm only sub-20 and I want it not for speed but because I like the appeal of a stickerless cube). It would be helpful if it didn't require lubing, which the shuangren does sadly :(
Also, I don't want the zhanchi because I already have the stickered version.

Dominic Diez

I'm looking for a stickerless 3x3 which has a really crispy feel and is very controllable( I'm only sub-20 and I want it not for speed but because I like the appeal of a stickerless cube). It would be helpful if it didn't require lubing, which the shuangren does sadly :(
Also, I don't want the zhanchi because I already have the stickered version.

stickerless: meiying, yuxin and thunderclap. if you didn't want to lube you can buy premium to lube for you (you can also tell them how to lube it or how you want it to feel)....

http://thecubicle.us/cubicle-meiying-p-5098.html

http://thecubicle.us/cubicle-yuxin-p-5099.html

http://thecubicle.us/cubicle-thunderclap-p-5291.html

the yuxin is controllable, but the stickerless shades are meh (orange and red are similar)

the meying is fast but also controllable, you can get standard or bright stickerless shades

the thunderclap is a good all round cube and comes with bright stickerless shades

i would look at a reviews for each of them and then decide!

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried out a stickerless Thunderclap of a friend. I find it amazing honestly (currently using the TangLong which I also like a lot). Now the recognition sucks and I want to know if there is any difference in the turning etc. between a stickerless Thunderclap and a stickered one.

If not, I'll order a stickered Thunderclap right away.

SRV

Hello, which cube is super fast (at least Hualong speed), yet very stable(like Zhanchi or Aolong v2) and doesn't have big catching issues?

I own an Aolong v2 (I love its stable and no-catchy feel but it's very slow no matter how I lube it) and a Hualong (decent speed but has some catching and I really don't like its instability).

P.S. I may buy 2 cubes, but Gans 356 is out of the question due to its price
P.S2 I am a 17sec Roux solver so any cube with nice fast M slices would make me fall in love ;)

Zeix

Currently getting a pyraminx , Qiyi or Moyu? :eek: Fairly new to pyraminx , cost doesnt really matter much

Fortibus

Which speed cube is good for me?

Hello,

I'm a beginning cuber. I'm looking for a speed cube (3x3x3). I now have the speed cube from Rubik's cube and I want to buy a new one because I makes a lot of noise and is locks up pretty often.

- I'm looking for a quiet cube so I can solve it in class.
- Locks up not that often
- I would prefer stickerless
- I can spend about € 20,-

My average time to solve a cube is about 1 minute 30.

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, which cube is super fast (at least Hualong speed), yet very stable(like Zhanchi or Aolong v2) and doesn't have big catching issues?

I own an Aolong v2 (I love its stable and no-catchy feel but it's very slow no matter how I lube it) and a Hualong (decent speed but has some catching and I really don't like its instability).

P.S. I may buy 2 cubes, but Gans 356 is out of the question due to its price
P.S2 I am a 17sec Roux solver so any cube with nice fast M slices would make me fall in love ;)

M slices, go for the meiying, however it catches a little. It can go slow in a week or so so maru it every week. Catches reduce significantly after that. It also has good M slice corner cutting.

Kudz

Zhanchi-old, cheap, stickerless good, with good turning style won't lock.

Oh, oh yuxin will be great. Buy yuxin and maru(springs+lube)

Happy cubing!

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

I'm a beginning cuber. I'm looking for a speed cube (3x3x3). I now have the speed cube from Rubik's cube and I want to buy a new one because I makes a lot of noise and is locks up pretty often.

- I'm looking for a quiet cube so I can solve it in class.
- Locks up not that often
- I would prefer stickerless
- I can spend about € 20,-

My average time to solve a cube is about 1 minute 30.

The Weilong is pretty quiet, It is also available in stickerless.