• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
doh! I was convinced by Felix and kclejeune and immediately went ahead and bought an Aolong, but it's a black one so I think it defaults to V2. This V1 advice comes too late! Maybe if I get another batch later :) Thanks obelisk Felix and kclejeune!
I think most people do not like the V2 because they got the earlier ones with the bad plastic. The newer ones are really really awesome.

Personally I still recommend the weilong V2.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
doh! I was convinced by Felix and kclejeune and immediately went ahead and bought an Aolong, but it's a black one so I think it defaults to V2. This V1 advice comes too late! Maybe if I get another batch later :) Thanks obelisk Felix and kclejeune!
Wow! From learning from your tutorials and PLL sheets to reading you on the forum!!! ;-) I'm a patzer so how can I recommend any cube to you? I like my AoLong v1 a lot but, to be honest I tend to like more the cubes that stay square and do not deform so easily, even if the times I get are more or less the same with all of them (from 19 to 25 most of the time). Also I like tensions to be a bit loose so I have a lot of corner twists with the AoLong that I don't get with others. Right now I use the most (in this order): YJ ChiLong, Moyu Aolong, Moyu Huanying, Moyu Weilong. I guess any of those are great but all depends on taste.

andrewlecubes

WCA
2014LEAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey guys ive been looking into a stickered cube, I have a stickerless dayan zhanchi and a stickerless guhong v2. I most likely want another guhong, because the one i have is surprisingly way faster than my zhanchi. I wouldn't hesitate except the fact that most reviews on youtube have the opinion that the zhanchi is faster. in crazybadcuber's video about force cubes it says that the stickerless cubes are made with a different plastic so im wondering if that would change the outcome. I like faster cubes and my stickerless guhong v2 is perfect so I wanted the community's opinion. (btw the aulong seems great in this forum but cyoubx and paradox cubing kind of steered me away). thanks!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
hey guys ive been looking into a stickered cube, I have a stickerless dayan zhanchi and a stickerless guhong v2. I most likely want another guhong, because the one i have is surprisingly way faster than my zhanchi. I wouldn't hesitate except the fact that most reviews on youtube have the opinion that the zhanchi is faster. in crazybadcuber's video about force cubes it says that the stickerless cubes are made with a different plastic so im wondering if that would change the outcome. I like faster cubes and my stickerless guhong v2 is perfect so I wanted the community's opinion. (btw the aulong seems great in this forum but cyoubx and paradox cubing kind of steered me away). thanks!
Get the aolong v2. Since the plastic change, it has become a great cube.

Bryan Chia

YouTube
Visit Channel
thinking of getting a cube for OH
I tried using my aolong (57mm) with the RUR'U' flick, it was so damn hard with my left hand, right hand was alright but I think a smaller cube would better.
What would be the best cube size ?

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are some good cheap cubes that I can buy for my friend's birthday in a few months? I'm thinking about a stickerless cube or a cube with tiles on it. I want to get it as a starting cube for them to learn on. BTW I'm buying 3 of the cubes cause my friends are triplets and all 3 of them. I'm looking to get them a good 3x3.

ClovisKoo

WCA
2014KOOC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are some good cheap cubes that I can buy for my friend's birthday in a few months? I'm thinking about a stickerless cube or a cube with tiles on it. I want to get it as a starting cube for them to learn on. BTW I'm buying 3 of the cubes cause my friends are triplets and all 3 of them. I'm looking to get them a good 3x3.
Cyclone Boys, Shengshou Aurora or one of the Longs from YJ

Destro

A YJ yulong would be nice. Its cheap but its quality is great

subs

allow threads please...

Ok, so I am really sick of people asking what kind of cubes should they get.
It seems that I have started the "The XXX Thread" wave at this forum, although some of the threads are pretty useful, the invarible title really annoys me.

Soo, have fun!
I'll ask again... Can you please make this a section if the boards that can have threads under it? It's one giant thread with hundreds of posts. It works be more usable and manageable if you could post a thread for each question. It's unusable as is... I asked about this before, but not sure anybody read it.

Thanks...
-Dan

DoctorPepper

Someone is offering to buy my Aolong V1 for 2x the original price. Is an Aolong V2 good enough to replace it?

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm starting to get into Skewb more and I average about 12 with an unmodded lanlan with about 300 solves on it. The major problems I have with it are the lockups during sledges/hedges and the popping. This being said, should I get a moyu Skewb or a shengshou?

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel

jman1965

Im starting my quest towards sub 20 with a 3x3. I am currently at around a 40-50 sec average. What cube should I get?

DoctorPepper

Anybody know the difference with a Weilong V1. And V2 aside from split corners? I love my V2 but a lot of people say V1 is better. Is it worth getting a new V1?