• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2014ATTI01
GuHong, Zhanchi, Weilong, and Aolong all do mid slicing just fine. I've used them all as my mains from time to time.

Lube affects everything. For me, I prefer to just barely lube and keep things as loose as I can so the M Slices flow better.

Do you think buying an Weilong would be uncontrollable for me I avg around 40 sec.
I also have the Aolong nut need to lube and break it in because it feels sluggish.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think buying an Weilong would be uncontrollable for me I avg around 40 sec.
I also have the Aolong nut need to lube and break it in because it feels sluggish.

If you have the AoLong, you're fine. you don't need anything else.

As for "uncontrollable" cubes, I don't really believe in that. I've used a WeiLong since I averaged 50 seconds.

Cube Is Life

WCA
2014MADD01
I am thinking of getting anew 4x4 because my qj seems to lock up too much. Which 4x4 should I get stickered or stickerless MoYu AoSu? Is there any 4x4 better than the MoYu AoSu?

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
Guys, My birthday is coming up in a month and I want to get a few cubes. I want a "light" 3x3. The only thing that bothers me about the Aolong is the weight.
I can't do M slices quickly on it. I have been looking at a White Zhanchi,Weilong or Yulong.Which one should I get?
As for 2x2, Dayan or WitTwo
Mini Zhanchi or Mini Weilong for OH? I suck at OH.

Destro

im sure some of u see me post here some time ago. now, i wanna try speedsolving 2x2 , which cube should i get? (I want a smooth yet crispy cube)(make sure that they r available at the philippines)

Tanzer

WCA
2013BALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Info on the Moyu 5x5/6x6? Should I just get a new SS 6x6?

I heard two things.

1. Talks of the Moyu 5x5 and 6x6 in MARCH
2. Around June I heard rumors of the 6x6 to be released in early August

Should I stop waiting and try to make/get a good 6x6 or save my money for the moyu 6x6 before I quit cubing?

I don't understand why Moyu keeps making small things such as the skewb and more 3x3s when they would very clearly make a boatload of money if they made a 6x6. Charge $100 I don't care I just want one. 5x5 idc about because florian modded 5x5s are decent.

So does anybody have any information of the 6x6 at all? Like actual information/links not just rumors.

Chrizz

I heard two things.

1. Talks of the Moyu 5x5 and 6x6 in MARCH
2. Around June I heard rumors of the 6x6 to be released in early August

Should I stop waiting and try to make/get a good 6x6 or save my money for the moyu 6x6 before I quit cubing?

I don't understand why Moyu keeps making small things such as the skewb and more 3x3s when they would very clearly make a boatload of money if they made a 6x6. Charge $100 I don't care I just want one. 5x5 idc about because florian modded 5x5s are decent.

So does anybody have any information of the 6x6 at all? Like actual information/links not just rumors.

As far as I know there is no new information about the moyu 5x5 and 6x6. I myself am waiting for the 5x5 to come out. I think it won't take much longer, but I've been thinking that for a month now. New information from moyu can be found (in chinese) here: http://moyucube.com

JonathanD

I'm thinking of getting my first 2x2, I'm already solving the 3x3 with cfop and am looking for a 2x2 speedcube. The two best out there as youtube tells me are the moyu lingpo and dayan 2x2, which would you guys say is better and give reasons.

Future Cuber

I'm thinking of getting my first 2x2, I'm already solving the 3x3 with cfop and am looking for a 2x2 speedcube. The two best out there as youtube tells me are the moyu lingpo and dayan 2x2, which would you guys say is better and give reasons.

Dayan has that smooth smooth feeling
Lingpo has a smooth crispy feeling
Dayan does'nt produce noise
Lingpo produces moise
Dayan feels heavy while turning (not sluggish)
Lingpo feels light while turning
Dayan has that bumpiness whlile turning
Lingpo ......No that much(IMO)

I feel Dayan is better that Lingpo
Both are pretty fast cubes
and i've experienced pops in both cubes
and Less to none lockups on dayan compared to the Lingpo

Good luck ....

Last edited:

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have searched the forum but I only found old threads and replies to this question (older that a couple of years).
What would be a good 3x3 for OH? I have relatively big hands but when I try to do PLLs with my current two-handed cubes (YJ Chilong, Moyu Aolong, Weilong etc.) I cannot get a comfortable grip (with my left hand) that allows me to do Us with index and at the same time Rs with my pinky. I end up struggling all the time with the grip.

Would you recommend something a bit smaller, like the mini Weilong? or just a cube in looser tensions and good lube so that it turns effortlessly?

Wanting to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, my old Rubik's cubes are kind of falling apart so I wanted to get a new nice 3x3 to play with. I've checked the wiki and browsed some posts, but I wasn't able to find any recommendations on what is currently considered to be the best 3x3 by most people. Is there such a thing? Help appreciated, sorry for such noob question ;p

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, my old Rubik's cubes are kind of falling apart so I wanted to get a new nice 3x3 to play with. I've checked the wiki and browsed some posts, but I wasn't able to find any recommendations on what is currently considered to be the best 3x3 by most people. Is there such a thing? Help appreciated, sorry for such noob question ;p

Wow badmephisto is here.

The best cubes now are the Moyu Weilong and Moyu Aolong.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Get a Moyu aolong hands down.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

And to be specific, an Aolong v1 if you can find it, not the v2. From what I can tell so far, the consensus seems to be that the v1 is better despite the corner twist issue.

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
And to be specific, an Aolong v1 if you can find it, not the v2. From what I can tell so far, the consensus seems to be that the v1 is better despite the corner twist issue.

doh! I was convinced by Felix and kclejeune and immediately went ahead and bought an Aolong, but it's a black one so I think it defaults to V2. This V1 advice comes too late! Maybe if I get another batch later :) Thanks obelisk Felix and kclejeune!