• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
YouTube
Visit Channel
1.Hmm.. FIIs are really good cubes, but they come assembled and prelubed.
If you want to "experience" everything.. then AV.You need to assemble them.
I haven't heard alot about AIIIs though. So there isn't much I can say about those.

Lightake sells FII, AIII and AV for a reasonably cheap price and has free worldwide shipping.

Well, if you want a good DIY cube, try getting a Dayan GuHong DIY kit. There has been a lot of talk about it, and people have said it is better than the Hiayan Memory cube (a modded AV in-case you do not know). You can get the DIY kits for around $13.

Thanks guys, I found AV on C4U and DaYan GuHong on Lightake.
That was easy, thanks. DaYan looks unusual, futuristic, but people
complain about "some missing pieces" in a bag.

So, more questions:
1. Another DIY is Type A Magic Cube DIY Kit 5th Gen. Is it a good AV?
Is it different to AV on C4U? Which one is better?
2. What is the difference between White and Porcelain White?
3. What is MHZ?
4. What is Gas-Assisted? Is Cube4you Gas-Assisted 3x3x3 Cube
with CUBESMITH Sticker
top of the range (according to the price)?
5. And finally, which one do you think is crispier:
- AV on C4U
- GuHong
- Type A 5th Gen

I feel like it's too many questions, but I want to buy before weekend,
so I have 24 hrs to go :)

1. It looks the same although it's a DIY
2. I'm not sure. I think Porcelain is an off white, not 100% sure
3. That is lightake's abbreviation for the cube for you brand
4. The "Gas-Assisted" is just how it is produced. I haven't heard much about this cube.
5. AV, the C4U is slightly clicky when turned fast. The GuHong is really smooth and clicky, but the click is not tactile. They should be the same. if you want more of my opinions on these cubes just ask.

au22ru

4. The "Gas-Assisted" is just how it is produced. I haven't heard much about this cube.

What about all those small round pieces on a photo? What are they for?

sku_29803_1.jpg

YouTube
Visit Channel
The DaYan GuHong original design is not reflected on a Review of Main 3x3x3 Cube Models page.

Technically, what type is DaYan? Stand alone?
DaYan has yet to be given a "type" name. Also known as TaiYan because of translation errors

And one more: is Guojia the same thing as Haiyan, because all Guojias on e-Bay have Haiyan's logo?

The Type A Guojias are the same as Haiyan, the names come from a Cube designed by him, and a cube modded by him

taiga

Hello...

I have a Japanese Speedcubing Kit and a Hungary Rubik cube.

I love JSK but I can't able to touch any other cubes like A-Vor Type-C or similar.

Is there anyone to use Megahouse JSK and is it possible to compare A-V, F-II or similar cubes (Haiyan, Ghosthand etc.)

PS: Welcome to forum Au22ru. I am 44 yo too. ;)

Kynit

I'm getting a decent cube (non-storebought) for the first time; is the FII a good choice or should I look for something else?

Mephisto

1)
I'm planning to buy a new cube (using a Rubik's brand now). First of all, yes i did some searching and yes, it's all subjective...

I'll think I'll go for the SE F-II on lightake. Perhaps I'll check out the ghosthand II as well, since it's quite cheap on lightake anyway... Some say the F-II has poor stickers? Indistinguishable red and orange? Others say the newer F-II's have a brighter red? Is this so?

Anyway, I'm still doubting between the A-V though. The A-V needs more time breaking in, right? I've also read that the A-V has more of a crispy feeling, what exactly is meant by that? *unsure*

Finally, how's the 3x3 white YJ? The glow in the dark YJ is said to be quite good?

2)
Suppose I'd also want a cheap, yet smooth & decent cube with solid edges/corners, i.e. without edge and corner caps (like the F-II for example), which should I get?
So nice speed and build quality, not prone to pop, the corner cutting does not have to be mind blowing though.

daniel0731ex

1)
I'm planning to buy a new cube (using a Rubik's brand now). First of all, yes i did some searching and yes, it's all subjective...

I'll think I'll go for the SE F-II on lightake. Perhaps I'll check out the ghosthand II as well, since it's quite cheap on lightake anyway... Some say the F-II has poor stickers? Indistinguishable red and orange? Others say the newer F-II's have a brighter red? Is this so?

Anyway, I'm still doubting between the A-V though. The A-V needs more time breaking in, right? I've also read that the A-V has more of a crispy feeling, what exactly is meant by that? *unsure*

Finally, how's the 3x3 white YJ? The glow in the dark YJ is said to be quite good?

2)
Suppose I'd also want a cheap, yet smooth & decent cube with solid edges/corners, i.e. without edge and corner caps (like the F-II for example), which should I get?
So nice speed and build quality, not prone to pop, the corner cutting does not have to be mind blowing though.

1) the white one is YJ VVGOO-2 (Type D II-S) and the fluorescent one is YJ VVGOO-1 (Type D I-S)

2) how about the YJ VVGOO-2? or perhaps the Ghost Hand?

Samania

I need an OH cube, so how are the Mini type C and the mini type A? I have small hands :D

daniel0731ex

I need an OH cube, so how are the Mini type C and the mini type A? I have small hands :D

well, the miniC is 5cm and the Alpha mini have 4.6 and 5.2 cm versons.
I have small hands too, but I do find the miniC a bit too small, so I recommend the 52 cm cube for you.
(personally, though, I actually prefer the Haiyan better over any of the small sized cubes.)

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel

well, the miniC is 5cm and the Alpha mini have 4.6 and 5.2 [bold]mm[/bold] versons.
I have small hands too, but I do find the miniC a bit too small, so I recommend the 52 cm cube for you.
(personally, though, I actually prefer the Haiyan better over any of the small sized cubes.)

fixed. I'm sure he was scared when you said 52 cm cubes o.0
I like the Mini Type A, but I have average hands, so it's kinda small.. I actually just prefer using a F-II, but since you have small hands, I would go for the 52mm Mini A

canadiancuber

WCA
2010CHEN01

well, the miniC is 5cm and the Alpha mini have 4.6 and 5.2 mm versons.

I like the Mini Type A, but I have average hands, so it's kinda small.. I actually just prefer using a F-II, but since you have small hands, I would go for the 52mm Mini A
5.2 mm is less then a cm.

Samania

well, the miniC is 5cm and the Alpha mini have 4.6 and 5.2 mm versons.

5.2 mm is less then a cm.

confused-bush.jpg

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel