• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cube moves the fastest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekygeek

I am interested in buying a new cube to replace my ghost hand. Here's my priority list from most important features to least important:

moves very very very fast
no lock ups
durable
durable stickers (I am thinking of maybe going stickerless)
lightweight
non-DIY ( unless a DIY is that good)

I am thinking of a stickerless cube, because most of my cubes get all weird is because the stickers get ruined :(. Do the stickerless cubes slow you down or does it make feel really weird?:confused:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What cube to get is a very common question; I think it gets asked on daily basis. I will go ahead tell you that you probably want a stickerless Dayan GuHong.

But next time you walk into an online community, observe the mood and customs before you post. You could have easily clicked on the hardware area and spotted the sticky: The Cube Choice Question Thread and gotten more opinions than you could ever hope for.

At any rate, welcome to the forums and happy cubing!

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Though I haven't tried one myself, from what I have heard, the Dayan ZhanChi is an incredibly fast cube. It also happens to be the cube Feliks used in his most recent world record.

Ltsurge

Though I haven't tried one myself, from what I have heard, the Dayan ZhanChi is an incredibly fast cube. It also happens to be the cube Feliks used in his most recent world record.

win, im getting a lubix ultimate zhanchi as my first diy

i probably would advise doing the same (even though I haven't tried anything else)

welcome to the forum !

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well first of all, stickerless cubes are illegal in competition, so I wouldn't recommend them. As to your initial question, there is no one answer. Some cubes are fast for some people and not for other. For instance the dayan guhong is really fast for most people, however it feels sluggish in my hands. In general though, most of the dayan's past the first gen are pretty awesome and if you want a cube that is absolutely fast I would recommend the zhanchi (dayan 5). I own one and it is crazy fast. Its too fast actually and I had to wipe of most of my lube to make it controllable. All of the dayan's have pretty good stickers, a little dull, but still pretty good.

If you like white cubes then there will be no problems with the colors, if not you might want to get some new stickers. Additionally, the lingyun (dayan 4) is arguably one of the best cubes ever and it is the perfect amount of fast, my main. Its only problem is that it needs to be relatively tight to not pop. All of the dayan's have great corner cutting i.e. less lock ups, and are durable. Most people agree that they are the best cubes on the market.

Besides the dayans, the alpha 5's are really good and the alpha cc is decent if you tension it correctly. It all depends on your cubing style and how precise of a cuber you are. As a follow up, what time do you average? If you are still above 40 seconds, then a great cueb like these might actually make you a very sloppy cuber. Just to warn you.

geekygeek

Whats the difference from a Lubix Guhong, Lunhui, and Zhanchi; different from a Dayan Guhong, Lunhui and Zhanchi, is Lubix Better or is Dayan better? Also Lubix Fusion vs Dayan Guhong? One more thing, does Guhong, Lunhui and Zhanchi mean anything?

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
win, im getting a lubix ultimate zhanchi as my first diy

i probably would advise doing the same (even though I haven't tried anything else)

welcome to the forum !

This cube is almost too good dude, it takes some serious getting used to. BTW you need to keep it semi tight or else is actually does pop. This tension is still looser than most cubes but ya. I also recommend keeping in the anchors if you are a rough cuber. If you do it will let you manhandle it.

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Whats the difference from a Lubix Guhong, Lunhui, and Zhanchi; different from a Dayan Guhong, Lunhui and Zhanchi, is Lubix Better or is Dayan better? Also Lubix Fusion vs Dayan Guhong? One more thing, does Guhong, Lunhui and Zhanchi mean anything?

WOW, I too would recommend checking out this forum more closely, but I understand if you don't feel like it. First of all the lubix ultimate cubes are cubes that have been modded by Donovan from Lubix Cubes. His mods make the cube run smoother and quieter. Additionally the lube he uses of the cube is extremely long lasting and does not affect the cube in any negative ways unlike other lubes coughcouggh jigaloo. It is basically high verosity shock oil. So the regualr ones are just stock and his are modded. The mods he does are very simple and you could do them yourself, but if you have money and are lazy I would recommend them. Either way, the cubes are still made by Dayan, lubix just does aftermarket stuff. The lubix fusion is probably better than the regular guhong because it is basically unpopable. Finally, the names do mean things in chinese, but I don't remember them. All I know is that Guhong means lone goose, thats it.

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
you say you have a GH
get a dayan guhong and remove the springs from the GH and put them into the guhong
fast turning at a tight setting
thats what i did and i never popped cause my screws were only 2 full turns away from the tightest setting and GH springs are amazingly loose
seriously try it
tell me what you think?

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
you say you have a GH
get a dayan guhong and remove the springs from the GH and put them into the guhong
fast turning at a tight setting
thats what i did and i never popped cause my screws were only 2 full turns away from the tightest setting and GH springs are amazingly loose
seriously try it
tell me what you think?

No offense at all, but if he is going to buy a new cube, he should probably go for the best out there and a Guhong just isn't that anymore.

geekygeek

WOW, I too would recommend checking out this forum more closely, but I understand if you don't feel like it. First of all the lubix ultimate cubes are cubes that have been modded by Donovan from Lubix Cubes. His mods make the cube run smoother and quieter. Additionally the lube he uses of the cube is extremely long lasting and does not affect the cube in any negative ways unlike other lubes coughcouggh jigaloo. It is basically high verosity shock oil. So the regualr ones are just stock and his are modded. The mods he does are very simple and you could do them yourself, but if you have money and are lazy I would recommend them. Either way, the cubes are still made by Dayan, lubix just does aftermarket stuff. The lubix fusion is probably better than the regular guhong because it is basically unpopable. Finally, the names do mean things in chinese, but I don't remember them. All I know is that Guhong means lone goose, thats it.

So out of all the Dayans and the lubix modified Dayan's, you think the Lubix Fusion is the best?

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
So out of all the Dayans and the lubix modified Dayan's, you think the Lubix Fusion is the best?

No, I think it is either the Zhanchi or the Lingyun. The Fusion is more for those who will never use anything other than a Guhong. Personally, I like a slightly clicky feel, not too much but a little, and so my lingyun works like a charm. It took me a while to get the right tensions, but now it is amazing and well worked in. Honestly thought, I will probably switch to my Zhanchi as my main when my cubesmith half bright stickers come, because the Zhanchi is extremely reliable and I don't want to pop during a comp.

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
So in short, you really should just get a zhanchi, it is, in my opinion, the best cube out right now.It will take some getting used to the speed, but in the long run it will be for the best.

Last edited:

geekygeek

I want a cube that be fast so it I can get use to it when I become (hopefully) faster in the future, I don't want to buy another cube in another year or two so I want a fast cube. If you think a Zhanchi is still best for me, I just might buy it

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
I want a cube that be fast so it I can get use to it when I become (hopefully) faster in the future, I don't want to buy another cube in another year or two so I want a fast cube. If you think a Zhanchi is still best for me, I just might buy it

You should look up some cube reviews, but they will all tell you the same thing i.e. the Zhanchi is ridiculously fast. It is a mix between clicky and smooth. I think you will like it, especially compared to a Ghost hand.

geekygeek

I like the clicky sound of my ghost hand, but that is only if I turn it really fast. Also what happens if your cube pops during a WCA competition?

kprox1994

WCA
2017PAAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the clicky sound of my ghost hand, but that is only if I turn it really fast. Also what happens if your cube pops during a WCA competition?

You put the piece back in and continue solving, if the piece is misoriented you may take it out again and change it to make it solvable. This is all in the WCA regulations. Read them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.