• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Timberoct18

There is a chance I am being dumb. What is this cube? I can’t find anything online to help me solve it and I believe I’ve gone as far as I can intuitively. It’s a 4x4, but the bottom two layers are “stuck” together in a 2x2. If anyone has anything to help me, I’d appreciate it!8047E0CD-F73D-4957-805D-CA2FBF7BB776.jpeg

SaMn37

There is a chance I am being dumb. What is this cube? I can’t find anything online to help me solve it and I believe I’ve gone as far as I can intuitively. It’s a 4x4, but the bottom two layers are “stuck” together in a 2x2. If anyone has anything to help me, I’d appreciate it!View attachment 12267
Seems fun...is it?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone know a huge (60 mm) 2x2 from about 10 years ago? I can't find any 2x2 that was that size then or today.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Update on my old cubes from previous post:

For fun I tried setting up the cubes properly (before I used silicone spray which failed miserably). With a bunch of Traxxas 50k for core and pieces and then a little DNM, the cubes actually turn pretty smoothly and can corner cut line-to-line (zero reverse cutting though). The turning is heavy and very blocky but smooth. The pieces are very prone to popping.

The Square-1 is a MF8 square-1 v1. I highly suspected so because I had the box with extra stickers in the same drawer, though confusingly the box is also labeled 3x3x3 and has a picture of a 3x3x3 on two sides.

mf8_sq1.jpg

I confirmed this after watching RPKVids' unboxing of the puzzle (shoutouts to him for many rare puzzle unboxings)

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all, I'd like help identifying this puzzle. I know it is a Ghosthand puzzle because it was my main when i walked away from cubing years ago & i remember it being phenomenal then but it feels genuinely terrible compared to today's hardware. There was a version I, version II, and 2003A produced according the wikipage. This was most likely purchased this from Cube4u circa 2008-2009. Both the edges and corners feature a single cap that pops off to reveal a hollow piece.The edges corners and centers all have stamps in the plastic that say "(GS)" on the top and a number "1", "2", "3", or "4" on the bottom once the center cap is popped.

I plan to give this cube a face lift by applying either Cubesmith supercube stickers or some custom Cubsmith shades i have that only fit older puzzles. I regret taking the original stickers off to make an F2L only cube because the original stickers had such a retro and faded look that i wish i could recreate.

Any ideas what it is? Bonus, what lubes work well with this plastic, you can see all the old residue most likely from RC car diff fluid.

1596160285037.png

moh_33

Hi all, I'd like help identifying this puzzle. I know it is a Ghosthand puzzle because it was my main when i walked away from cubing years ago & i remember it being phenomenal then but it feels genuinely terrible compared to today's hardware. There was a version I, version II, and 2003A produced according the wikipage. This was most likely purchased this from Cube4u circa 2008-2009. Both the edges and corners feature a single cap that pops off to reveal a hollow piece.The edges corners and centers all have stamps in the plastic that say "(GS)" on the top and a number "1", "2", "3", or "4" on the bottom once the center cap is popped.

I plan to give this cube a face lift by applying either Cubesmith supercube stickers or some custom Cubsmith shades i have that only fit older puzzles. I regret taking the original stickers off to make an F2L only cube because the original stickers had such a retro and faded look that i wish i could recreate.

Any ideas what it is? Bonus, what lubes work well with this plastic, you can see all the old residue most likely from RC car diff fluid.
i was just gonna ask about my cube when i saw this, i don't really want to interrupt you so i'm gonna wait until you get an answer from somebody else

Datboi06

I apologise for the terrible quality.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200915_151226416.jpg
    IMG_20200915_151226416.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200915_151219394.jpg
    IMG_20200915_151219394.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 16