• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

xxpaulwangxx

Okay, these are Guanlongs. The cover is different because whatever company you bought these from asked YJ custom printing. They tend to only offer that if you buy 3000+ cubes

brododragon

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, the general consensus is that it's a Sail, but Roxenda keep saying it's original. I think it's just a Sail, but there's no real way to know.

Its definitely not an original, it has a QiYi logo on it. Im going to go with sail, thanks! On speedcubeshops sticker picker, what cube should I choose to get stickers for it, as there is no original sail? Also is there a similar cube I could choose to get stickers for a SuLong?

edgymove

Okay, these are Guanlongs. The cover is different because whatever company you bought these from asked YJ custom printing. They tend to only offer that if you buy 3000+ cubes
Okay okay, thank you, so the first one is sold by YJ under the name of "Magic Cube" instead of the original Name Guanlong and the second is also a Guanlong, but is there a Guanlong version that has these patterns inside? I only know the Guanlong, Guanlong Plus and Guanlong V3
I bought the second one from a dollar store in my town, btw

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 11983

Can anyone tell me what cube this is? It has a QiYi logo and I bought it from Roxana's Magic Cubes on Amazon. It came in a bundle with similar feeling 2x2 and pyraminx.
Seems to be just a standard qiyi sail. They don't make them anymore but they are good for modding
Okay okay, thank you, so the first one is sold by YJ under the name of "Magic Cube" instead of the original Name Guanlong and the second is also a Guanlong, but is there a Guanlong version that has these patterns inside? I only know the Guanlong, Guanlong Plus and Guanlong V3
I bought the second one from a dollar store in my town, btw
The cube that you took the layer off is a Yulong.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a long shot - some puzzles from about a decade ago when I first started cubing. I think these puzzles were purchased in China by my parent's friend so they are likely no-name knockoffs.

The two 3x3s have basic Rubik's mechanisms and the only thing interesting is that they are tensionable / DIY and have logos I have never seen anywhere else. They are very cheaply made because they actually have paint instead of stickers, which immediately started fading and chipping away.

The square-1 says "Square-1" on the red sticker but otherwise no markings.

The 4x4 has no markings either. Ball core and painted colors.

The 2x2 is very large at 60mm and has thick stickers with a bit of texture. No corner cutting whatsoever but otherwise quite smooth.

The pyraminx again has no logo and has a standard ball bearing mechanism.

IMG_20200520_003312_scale.jpg

Edit: Googling 百变魔王 (roughly "variety magic king", in Chinese rubik's cubes are known as "magic cubes") shows me some brand that made a bunch of Rubik's snakes and twisty puzzles. Here's a video showing the awful paint colors https://www.bilibili.com/video/av9903653/ with 20 sec solves. Picture from internet

1589952269350.png

This appears to be the website http://xinlexin.com/prodlist.asp?ClassID=4

梦幻 just means "dream", 梦幻魔方 again some random Chinese brand. More details https://detail.1688.com/offer/38810972842.html
Picture from internet

1589951995465.png

Last edited: