• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Waffles

Just discovered this thread (amazing, I know) and wanted to ask about this:
image.jpg
image.jpg
It’s a Mo Fang Ge (QiYi right) pyraminx, has ridiculously strong magnets in the tips, and in the cube itself. Feels dry and sandy, seems like an old cube. No idea where I got it from but I’ve only been cubing since 2019.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
View attachment 16318
View attachment 16319
It’s a Mo Fang Ge (QiYi right) pyraminx, has ridiculously strong magnets in the tips, and in the cube itself. Feels dry and sandy, seems like an old cube. No idea where I got it from but I’ve only been cubing since 2019.
is it glossy or matte?

If its matte, that's the qiyi qiming
Those are not magnets, but ball bearings that simulate magnets.
I used to have one but I gave it to my brother.

YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 16318
View attachment 16319
It could be the original qiyi pyraminx

Manxkiwi

Does anyone know what model of Guojia this is?
I bought it second hand (unused) hoping it might be a good cube. But it's not really, not compared to those available now..
No idea how old it is, but the funky cubie shapes will hopefully give someone a clue?
Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• 20210423_182418.jpg
    20210423_182418.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Guojia.jpg
    Guojia.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3

Steve AC

Hi everyone,

I have no idea the model or year of my very first stickerless cube. There are no magnets. I think it was DaYan brand but I peeled off the sticker?

Here is a youtube video displaying its center cap piece and center mechanics, the core design and color (partial view), and the edge/corner pieces.

I also do a solve on it so you can hear the way it sounds.

Manxkiwi

Hi there, I'm looking getting this early Yong Jun cube. I don't expect it to be very good, but can't find anything on the net about it.
I wonder if it's genuine YJ, or a knock off that's stolen the YJ name? It appears to have very thick tiles instead of stickers.
It won't cost me much so I'm not worried either way. But if anyone can share any info on it I'd be very appreciative.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223-225657_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-225657_Trade Me.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211223-225716_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-225716_Trade Me.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211223-225704_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-225704_Trade Me.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211223-225710_Trade Me.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223-225710_Trade Me.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 7

Cuber2s

Hi everyone,

I have no idea the model or year of my very first stickerless cube. There are no magnets. I think it was DaYan brand but I peeled off the sticker?

Here is a youtube video displaying its center cap piece and center mechanics, the core design and color (partial view), and the edge/corner pieces.

like a dayan or yulong?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

It's a zhanchi. The subtle design on center pieces and the distinct sculpted piece shape give it away. Also check the center cap for the dayan logo.

cuberswoop

What was the first cube to feature factory installed magnets? When would you say magnets became the “standard” in 3x3 hardware?
Well, I just watched all of Jperm's best cubes of (year) videos, and from what he said, they became pretty stadard in 3x3s around 2016-2017. I'm not sure what cube he said was first magnetized, but I think it was QiYi or Moyu. Or maybe one of the older cubes like the Guanlong.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What was the first cube to feature factory installed magnets? When would you say magnets became the “standard” in 3x3 hardware?
Gan air UM, in I think February 2017, then in April moyu released the gts2m, I think it became standard by mid 2018 when the shadow and aoshi gtsm were released, basically proving that it could be done for all events.