• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] "What cube is this?" The cube / puzzle identification thread

Reizii_

WCA
2019LAWS01
Hi. Bought a bunch of different cubes not sso long ago bbut I cant for the life of mə figure out what this cube iş. Can anybody hərə help mə identify it? This is a pic of Just the logo, its a 3x3x3 Thanks ın advance fellow cubers
[snip]
Pictures of the internals would help, but that logo is definitely Fangshi.

From what little I can see the core looks a bit like a ball core. I will update this thread with Pictures when curiosity gets the better of mə and i go medieval on its ass.

ticmi

I bought a weird cube at a science fair a couple years back but never got a chance to solve it fully because i couldn't find a tutorial online and never could finish just the last few steps. Does anyone know this cube's actual name and/or how to solve it? Point me in the direction of a tutorial or something?

Attachments

ticmi

That's a single colour axis cube. 'Crazy Bad Cuber' has a good axis tutorial, but the single colour is going to lead to some parity issues in the solve.

I've only solved a single colour axis variant once and for me it was more luck than judgement.
Thank you so much, i was solving it as basically a tilted 3x3 cube and just trying to fit in the shapes with logic, but when it came to the last layer it pretty much became all luck from there, and there started to be more and bore illogical positions that i could not, for the life of me, match/compare with something that occurs when solving a 3x3. I've gotten the cross on the top layer to perfectly align, and only the corner pieces are bugging me. I'm going to try just pretty much algorithm-spamming them and hope for the best. Thank you so much!

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
absoruud
That's a single colour axis cube. 'Crazy Bad Cuber' has a good axis tutorial, but the single colour is going to lead to some parity issues in the solve.

I've only solved a single colour axis variant once and for me it was more luck than judgement.
Speaking of Dan... has anyone heard from him? He hasn't posted anything anywhere in months...

pcuburi1

In 2001 I bought a cube in Romania.
It is a springless cube with tiles. Today I dissasembled it to take some pictures.
Could you please identify it?
Thanks
a20191107_212624.jpga20191107_212808.jpga20191107_212934.jpga20191107_213000.jpga20191107_214029.jpg