• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The structure of the cubes are the same, what changes is the size and color of the caps.

Well the internal structures are the same I believe, but the caps are different. In the 57mm, the caps go on top of the piece while in the 54.6mm, the caps are set into the piece. Supposedly, this reduces the problem of your fingernails getting under the caps.

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well the internal structures are the same I believe, but the caps are different. In the 57mm, the caps go on top of the piece while in the 54.6mm, the caps are set into the piece. Supposedly, this reduces the problem of your fingernails getting under the caps.
I think that's exactly what he meant with:
what changes is the size and color of the caps.
And I think the solution to the fingernail problem is just an added bonus, because 54.6 was advertised on the box even before people started to experience this. But indeed it works. I have the 54.6, never got caught under a cap ;)

Last edited:

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Lunastra

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this thing a little while back and have no idea what it is called. It doesn't have any logos or markings other than those visible in the following picture. There is a plush ball in the center of the sphere that pushes out on the bearings, but is plush to allow movement between the holes.

RrtKCbi.png

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this thing a little while back and have no idea what it is called. It doesn't have any logos or markings other than those visible in the following picture. There is a plush ball in the center of the sphere that pushes out on the bearings, but is plush to allow movement between the holes.

RrtKCbi.png

That is called the Orbo Puzzle. You have the YJ version I have the Original Popular Playthings version with a white plush ball inside. Also I love the portal turret in the background.