• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What color cube do you prefer?

What color do you prefer?

• White cube

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Black cube

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • Color cube

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No preference at all, I can solve any color just as quick

Votes: 23 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

applemobile

It's fairly recognised that some people find coloUr recognition harder on a white 3x3. I certainly do, strangely though I am fine with white 4x4's and above. Contrast really does help, I favour a black cube with half/bright and pink cubesmith stickers. Everyone is different.

MeshuggahX

WCA
2011ERIX01
I prefer white cubes and only use white cubes now. But I don't feel any slower when trying black cubes. I used black cubes in the beginning.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
I wish it was a poll where I could choose more than one option. I am perfectly fine with both black and white cubes, but absolutely hate other colors. Now I don't know what to vote for :(

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I cannot seem to be able to recognise on white either. In fact gave most of my white cubes away. The only puzzles do do solve on white are Pyra (though I have a black replacement now but needs some solves) and my Square-1 as the supplier only had the Cubetwist in white when I ordered.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Currently my main cube is black, but once I had a white cube as No.1. I need some practice time (hours/days?) after a color switch, so, basically, I'm currently faster with black, but I can as fast with white (just not immediately). It really depends on what you get used to.