• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What are your 4x4 BLD memo/solving methods?

Memo Method?

• Centers & edges : numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rubiksarlen

WCA
2011TANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just wanted to know what method you use for solving a 4x4 blindfolded.

I use comm centers, r2 edges and OP corners.

Memo: Letters for centers and edges, tapping/letters for corners

BTW, letters include audio loop and stuff like that.

Last edited:

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Comms for centers, not very optimal comms for corners and a modification of r2 for edges with evading long algos for inner slices.
Memo: letter images for centers and edges, letter audio for corners.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Commutators for centers with setup moves and floating buffer, BH wings with fixed buffer, BH corners with fixed buffer.
Memo: All is memorized with letter pairs; centers and wings are stored with 3 letter pair images per location; corners are done with audio loop. A 4x4x4 BLD typically fits in 7 memory locations for me.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Although I have not solved the 4x4 blindfold yet, my method is mostly 3 cycles. I would first do OP corners then AUF to adjust so the edges are in the correct place after. I would then do 3 cycle on the edges then undo the AUF. Finally I finish the centres with 3 cycles.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Corner memo: Auditory loop single syllable words (prepared list)
center and wing memo: letter pair images placed in a journey location

Solving: BH
-edit- after reading Mike's post if I'm being more specific then I use floating buffer for solving corners and wings, and fixed buffer for solving centers (occasionally I'll use floating buffer on centers, but not often)

Last edited:

Jakube

WCA
2011KOGL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For 4BLD I first memo centers with letters, building sentences with them, then wings with the same system, than corners visual.
Solving: First corners with OP/BH, Centers with comms, Wings with advanced r2.

Cool Frog

Memo(in this order): Centers- Sentence, Edges- Sentence, Corners- Auditory
Solving (In this order): Corners- 3style (mostly speed optimal), Centers- 3style (Still getting used to rUl style comms), Edges- 3style(mostly speed optimal)

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Memo: Centres then wings using images/locations (4 letters per image, 2 per location) with ocassional visual, then corners with audio loop.
Solve: Corners (minus parity it I have it) -> centres -> wings, all using comms, then parity fix(es) if necessary.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Memo: Centres - Letter-pair images, Edges - LP images, Corners - LP audio
Exec: Corners - OP plus some random comms, Centres - Comms with Ulb buffer, Edges - r2 plus extra stuff

aronpm

Memo: centres (sentence/audio), wings (sentence/audio), corners (audio)
Exec: corners (3style) wings (not going to say 3style... so just 'comms') centres (see wings)

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Memo (in this order): wings with leters, centers by position with letters, CO visual, CP with musical notes
Execution (in this order): 3OP corners with floating buffer, BH wings with floating buffer, comms for centers