• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What are the finger tricks for a ONE HANDED 3x3 solve? &I cant take my 2x2 apart?!!

STOCKY7

WCA
2011STOC01
YouTube
tdSTOCKY7
Hi i have 2 Questions :)

1) my 2x2 from Puzl does not seem to come apart even when i turn the top layer 45* and try to pop the piece, it doesnt come out! Do I have to try really hard and force it? Is there another method? Is my cube sussposed to come apart? (it is a speed cube) :/

2) and can someone describe all the finger tricks ill need for 3x3 ONE HANDED solve??? I can do already some simple finger tricks though am struggling to string algorithms together :/ i think i just need some to explain all the finger tricks for the 3x3 ONE HANDED SOLVE.

p.s. Does OH mean one handed?

Thanks guys if you do reply :D

MeshuggahX

WCA
2011ERIX01
1. What cube is it? A V-cube for example doesn't look like a regular 3x3. So you shouldn't force it too much.

2. Yes, OH means one handed. For the fingertricks I would say that you need to experiment yourself and look at OH-solves to get an idea on how you could do it.

Speedmaster

Here ist one special tipp, which you should know if you really want to learn Oh, if you use left than turn only the right layer R' and R and the U Layer U' and U, maybe you can do a D too, but don't use D's you can rotate the cube everytime, so you have allways only U's and R's
Sry for mistakes in the text;)

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
wellboi12345
The 2x2 is probably an eastsheen which dont cut corners great but they are very fast and very speedsolvable.

As for OH i recomend you to watch westons OH guide/ tutorial type thing ( just search westonian OH tutorial on you tube and it should come up) as for a cube for OH , if you wanna become quite serious about it id say go with a well broken in linyung with lubix. Any cube will do but use a cube that is loose enough.

STOCKY7

WCA
2011STOC01
YouTube
tdSTOCKY7
Thanks guys somehow ive managed to take it apart :) i think that its probably an eastsheen. Thing is that i need a really loose cube, as all of mine seem pretty stiff for OH, i still cant decide what hand to use even though im right H, apparently its easier to do F2L with your left hand or something :/
Thanks again guys :)

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
Play around with both hands, the only difference between left handed and right handed is L and U vs R and U.
After all, everything is just mirrored, there should be no big difference, use the hand you find most comfortable to solve with.