• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What algorithm can switch 2 adjecent edges and flip any other edge(s) on the cube?

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What algorithm can switch 2 adjecent edges and flip any other edge(s) on the cube? i need it for this puzzle that has parity unless someone knows how to swap 2 adjecent edges on a lan lan dodecahedron?

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please make your question clearer.

1. What puzzle?
2. Can you move other pieces than those mentioned?
3. What do you need it for?

i said in my first quote: Rhombic dodecahedron not lanlan brand though i didnt know why i typed that

i dont want any other pieces to move other than the 2 adjacent edges being switched and flipping 1 or more edges

i need it so i can correct the parity on this puzzle (i also mentioned this before)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can't switch just two edges without affecting the permutation of other pieces. The LanLan rhombic dodecahedron has pairs of edges that look the same, so you have to do a 3-cycle where two of the edges in the cycle are the same color.

Chapuunka

WCA
2010JUDD01
He's saying you can't just switch 2 pieces. You have to switch 2 other pieces that look the same at the same time, or do a 3-cycle using the pieces that look the same.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why not stay in the thread you were in? Did you watch kickflips tutorial? Google "rhombic dodecahedron parity" and click the first video result.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why not stay in the thread you were in? Did you watch kickflips tutorial? Google "rhombic dodecahedron parity" and click the first video result.

yes i know but i watched that before when i was trying to find a solution to the parity i am trying to find a solution with one algorithm to solve the parity case

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry, CubeExplorer can do these just fine.

I'm generating algorithms now that preserve corner and centre orientation.

Try this, with the two that need to switch in UF and UL:
U2 F2 U M2 U' M2 F2 M2 U M2 U.
Does it work?

Last edited:

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't worry, CubeExplorer can do these just fine.

I'm generating algorithms now that preserve corner and centre orientation.

Try this, with the two that need to switch in UF and UL:
U2 F2 U M2 U' M2 F2 M2 U M2 U.
Does it work?

YEAH! thanks so much :)
could you generate an alg for me that switches opposite edges? preserving the center orientation and such of course

Last edited: