• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What 3x3 method do you use?

What 3x3 method do you use?

• CFOP

• Roux

• ZZ

• Petrus

• Beginner's method

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use Cfop because:
1. I enjoy doing cross +1
2. I enjoy doing down solves
3. I can turn fast and still look ahead
4. I dont have to block build (Unless sometimes with a x cross)
5. I can spam tps on Oll and Pll

I use Cfop because:
1. I enjoy doing cross +1
2. I enjoy doing down solves
3. I can turn fast and still look ahead
4. I dont have to block build (Unless sometimes with a x cross)
5. I can spam tps on Oll and Pll
just so you know i average around 17 to 18 and have a 12 single just sayin :p i can spam tps with everything lol

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use CFOP, but if I'm being honest, I wished I switched to Roux back when I averaged ~30-45 seconds. I'm sure @TipsterTrickster can back me up on this: Roux is just more fun. However, now that I'm sub-11.5 with CFOP, I enjoy being fast with CFOP more than I think I would enjoy switching to Roux and having to "get fast" all over again.
In a hypothetical world, I would love to be able to switch to CF1 (Cross, F2L, 1LLL). I don't think I have the patience, time, motivation, brain capacity, etc. to learn all 3915 algorithms, but I'll reassess once I finish full ZBLL :p

Etotheipi

Roux, I used to use CFOP, but then when I averaged ~25, I switched to Roux while learning full PLL, cause i hate algs. And now I use it.

ProStar

I use CFCE, but I can solve fast with CFOP, and can slowly solve with Roux, Petrus, and two variants of beginners method.

Edit: I finished learning Petrus since I posted

Last edited by a moderator:
The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I use CFOP, but if I'm being honest, I wished I switched to Roux back when I averaged ~30-45 seconds. I'm sure @TipsterTrickster can back me up on this: Roux is just more fun. However, now that I'm sub-11.5 with CFOP, I enjoy being fast with CFOP more than I think I would enjoy switching to Roux and having to "get fast" all over again.
In a hypothetical world, I would love to be able to switch to CF1 (Cross, F2L, 1LLL). I don't think I have the patience, time, motivation, brain capacity, etc. to learn all 3915 algorithms, but I'll reassess once I finish full ZBLL :p
I can back you up on this too! I switched to Roux too late, at around 25 seconds, and it took longer than it could have. And I understand why you wouldn’t switch, but I would still recommend it!

ZZ'er

I use ZZ because it's the perfect balance between CFOP and Roux. ;)

icarneiro

I really like CFOP for the algs and look ahead.
I hate turn the M layer, so I don't even try to learn Roux.

icarneiro

Roux is fun to do. It's not my fav method, but it's definitely satisfying. If you want to learn it, I recommend J Perms's tutorial.
I already tried to learn, I did some solves, but I can't turn the M layer the right way =/
M' i'm good (because H-perm and Z-perm), but M, i'm terrible, i can't... then I was frustrated

PetrusQuber

I already tried to learn, I did some solves, but I can't turn the M layer the right way =/
M' i'm good (because H-perm and Z-perm), but M, i'm terrible, i can't... then I was frustrated
I remember while learning Z Perm, (M2 U’ M2 U’ M’ U2 M2 U2 M’ U2) I thought M followed R, so I needlessly learnt how to do what was actually an M move, but was supposed to be an M‘ :). You have to put your ring finger on the BD edge’s D sticker, then extend your finger to push it up to UB.

Petrus because no one uses it pretty much, and it’s got lots of block building vs F2L algs