• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Were all of the Fridrich algorithms discovered by hand ?

dagen

I know that at the time Jessica Fridrich created her method (80s) computers weren't very powerful and that only in 1992 the kociemba algorithms was discovererd, but were they unable to find any kind of algorithm ? I know also that many of the algorithms used in the method were discovered by hand by trial and errors and technics such as commutation, conjugation and repetition, but were they all found without the use of a computer (in the form that we are using them today so the shortest possible) ?

Thom S.

The Algorithms on her website aren't from the early 80s so I can't say for sure, but from reading through her website I remember that she stated to either having found them by hand or combine already found sequences.
So the answer is yes, probably.
Keep in mind that Fridrich isn't the only one to come up with this system at that time so it's very likely many cases were found by other cubers