• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Well I'm back!

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
molarmanful
Thread starter #1
Hey y'all,

Some of you older cubers may remember me back when I was younger. It's been almost 3 years since I've joined this forum, and I had about a year of inactivity/break from active improvement in cubing. But I'm back, so I guess that makes me the same as a forum newbie :)

As of now, I've improved somewhat on 3x3 from 15 to 12 seconds average (even though my lookahead still sucks), and my 3x3 OH times are almost sub-20. I hope to break sub-10 on 3x3 and sub-20 on OH by the end of the year. The other puzzles -- well, I skewb and 2x2 casually, but I haven't really improved much... I'm still using Petrus/CFOP, and I've started experimenting with ZZ and solving on both yellow and white.

I figured a lot of things have changed since I last went inactive, with magnetic cubes (I got a GTS2M 2 days ago and it's damn cool) and boron-treated cubes and ZZ-CT and all that fun stuff going on. I love what I'm seeing nowadays, so good job cubing community! I hope I too can contribute software once more like I used to (but maybe not programmed so shoddily >_< ).

So yeah, see you cool folks around!

-- molarmanful

PS: You might see me on Reddit and Cyoubx's Friends occasionally. Feel free to say hi!

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
taoxyu
Nice to see more fast Petrus users!

ZZ-CT isn't really considered great anymore, as it's more moves than ZZ-b with a similar number of algorithms.

Personally though, I think that that making full ZBLL easier to learn using software is the way to go. I wrote https://tao-yu.github.io/Alg-Trainer/ to help me learn ZBLL, and it made it relatively easy for me - The simulator cube let me learn algs with zero distractions.