• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Weird mis-scramble of Feliks's 5.66

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I decided to look at the reconstruction for Felix's 5.66 record. First time through went fine and it started with 3 cross pieces already solved. Nice place to start a potential record!

On my second go, I must have mis-scrambled because the whole cross was already solved, just misaligned with the middle layer. This is not so weird in itself (just unlikely) but the entire F2L consisted of easy cases then I got a LL skip. I think the entire solve was under 16 moves and I may have accidentally solved one F2L pair whilst setting up another. This solve felt REALLY weird... cross skip, super-easy F2L and LL skip.

I've tried to reproduce the mis-scramble but I've had no luck. Perhaps someone who fancies a challenge can figure out the mis-scramble?

I took the scramble from http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?30155-5-66-3x3x3-WR-Single-Feliks-Zemdegs/page2

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know what you ended up with, but here's one option... two mistakes, solved cross, pretty darn easy F2L.
D2 L2 D2 R2 B' R2 F2 L2 U2 F' R2 U B D U' [missing L'] U F' U2 L2 F

Also: one move xcross, same thing with one more move missing:
D2 L2 D2 R2 B' R2 F2 L2 U2 F' R2 U [missing B] D U' U F' U2 L2 F

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for taking the time to look. Neither of those seem to be it for me even after adding the missing L' to the second.

The F2L pairs were all R U R' or R U' R' style insertions and were glaringly obvious, some didn't even need an AUF. I've had a few more goes at mis-scrambling but no joy finding the magic scramble.

I have a suspicion that I probably turned something in the wrong direction or turned a wrong face. I sometimes make those mistakes when scrambling but it's quite rare for me to miss a move entirely.

I guess it's probably gone... best not use me as an official scrambler, lol.