• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Websites that DON'T have PayPal as their only paying option?

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I keep finding these sites with decent prices for the ZhanChi, but I have not found a single site that allows you to pay with just a credit card and not PayPal. My dad does not have any money in his PayPal account and does not want to transfer it. Does anyone know of any cube stores where you can pay with something other than PayPal?

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Only Paypal Pro merchants can set up a non-registration paypal checkout using credit cards.
You can link your credit card to your Paypal. My paypal account never has a balance of above zero.
Simply go to My Account - Profile - Add/Edit credit card
You don't even need to confirm your card if you aren't willing to. (To confirm the card you linked gives you more limits for transactions, but unconfirmed cards are definitely enough for buying cubes..)

Last edited:

Erdos

Instead of using a Paypal account attached to a credit card or even directly using a credit card, why not buy a prepaid "credit/gift card"? I wouldn't be surprised if many parents are skeptical of using online services and so prepaid cards are always a good option to make them feel more ensured.

HumanDude

WCA
2011HUAN02
Instead of using a Paypal account attached to a credit card or even directly using a credit card, why not buy a prepaid "credit/gift card"? I wouldn't be surprised if many parents are skeptical of using online services and so prepaid cards are always a good option to make them feel more ensured.

Most (if not all) of these prepaid gift cards have some sort of "activation fee."

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm fairly sure you can pay through PayPal without having a PayPal account. You just type in your credit card number/address and such without logging into anything. You don't need a PayPal account to buy from stores that use PayPal as their payment method. You just need a credit card. (hopefully that was clear)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19

here a prepaid money card has 6% transaction fee every time making a transaction; a one-off top-up voucher card need 2.5 euro for every under 100 euro top-up.

Erdos

Most (if not all) of these prepaid gift cards have some sort of "activation fee."
here a prepaid money card has 6% transaction fee every time making a transaction; a one-off top-up voucher card need 2.5 euro for every under 100 euro top-up.
Prepaid cards are certainly not the cheapest option, but they're often considered "safe" in parents' eyes. And if you're under 18/don't have a debit card, they're great in that you can buy anything online without needing someone else's help. My parents are extremely paranoid about paying for anything online using a credit card and so back when I was 13, I just stocked up cash, bought prepaid cards from some department store like CVS or Walmart, and bought things online without getting my parents involved.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
People use credit card and eChecks at my store all the time. Paypal is a tool that is used in the process though.

I'm not actually sure what the customer sees when they check out from my store... maybe I'll have my grandmother try it out, since she doesn't use the computer (she doesn't know what a mouse is).

In the future though, I will have a new website where all payments are accepted because I get emails from cubers all over the middle east. Some countries there restrict the use of Paypal... sucks!

CubeLTD

Premium Member
Like others had said, prepaid card is a good alternative. The "activation fees" are usually just extra cost when buying the prepaid card in the store. However, some brands do have monthly fees.

Bosch

When the site takes you to paypal there is an option that says something like "don't have a paypal account, pay as a guest" or something similar, just click there and you can pay with any debit/credit card you have

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
You can buy Paypal Money packs at Walgreens. (and maybe other places)
You can put however much you want on there. Once you buy it, you just type in the code into Paypal and the money is instantly in your Paypal account.

The problem is that it costs like $5 or $6. Its a good way to convert cash into a Paypal balance.