• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

We need to help newcubers

raulsocal

WCA
2011SANC06
I have find a lot of videos in the youtube and a lot of posts telling or offerig different ways of making faster the cubes. They say different ways that in a short term of time arent too bad (some of them) and then in a long term of time they are horrible.

I think we should make announces everywhere telling that the lubrication should be done with silicone spray or with lubricant liquid. Helping all those new cubers speeding up their cubes efficiently.

The things that we should talk about anouncing the nice lobricants is not to use sandpaper to try to make smoother the cubes movements, or using baseline instead of
silicone for the lubricstion. The first one breaks the pieces of the cube and the second the core. We should tell them to buy the good brand of cubes, telling them the differences.
Hope you all are with me.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ignore the people who are probably about to tell you that beginners should start off with Rubik's Brand/Old Type A/F2 or whatever.

Also there's a lot of dumb stuff on Youtube. It's pretty much the worst place to get cubing advice.

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
(...) or using baseline instead of
silicone for the lubricstion.

Yeah, we absolutely should not advice them to use baseline. :)
Seriously, there are bad advice videos on youtube indeed, but there's also good things. It's just noobs thinking they're good who're posting dumb things.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
The trick is where to put the info that people can easily find it. It's all well and good us giving people tips when they post in this forum, but could there be something that's easier to find? I don't know where it could go.

raulsocal

WCA
2011SANC06
I think we should ask speedcubing.com to make a video introducing to speedcubing, where they should mention those things. Or telling someone to make it. If thats not possible i would make that video, i find it necessary.

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think we should ask speedcubing.com to make a video introducing to speedcubing, where they should mention those things. Or telling someone to make it. If thats not possible i would make that video, i find it necessary.

That sounds like a really good idea.

On youtube i see the problem of the different big names competing each other, a video supported by a large group of speedcubers and containing pretty all of the basic information sounds like a great idea.