• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

wd- 40

Thread starter #1
I know that someone told me not to use wd-40. but i changed my stickers and used it not to lube but to clean off the sticker gunk. after that my cube felt lubed. what will it do to my cube.

Last edited:
If you're worried, just take the cube apart and clean all the cubies. It'll get rid of anything that might be on there, so you won't have to stress about anything eating your cube. : ).

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
hrmohr
I've lubed some of my cubes with WD-40, but after some use i wiped my cube clean with a cloth. It made my cubes more soft.

But i think you'll get better results if you just break in your cubes and then lube it with a few drops of silicone.

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
xkiesterx
as long as you wipe it off reasonably quickly and didn't put to much on its ok. the reason you can't use wd 40, other than the fact that it's not an effective lubricant for plastic, is that it eats away at plastic over time. make sure you refrain from using it as much as possible.