• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Watch thread bug

Iwannaganx

Are you ignoring the member who started the thread?
No, but I didn't think it was worthy to share a small bug that I can deal with in new thread when there was one already here. I have no clue about his bug, (or any bug for that matter, I don't know code or computers or anything) but if I did I would have tried to help.

xyzzy

Another bug: the would you rather thread doesn't show up on the home page
(i) This isn't related to the topic of this thread. There already are threads for you to report bugs (and this thread should be merged into those…?).
(ii) This is intentional. Posts in the Off-topic Discussions subforum do not show up under What's New or the home page.

Iwannaganx

(i) This isn't related to the topic of this thread. There already are threads for you to report bugs (and this thread should be merged into those…?).
(ii) This is intentional. Posts in the Off-topic Discussions subforum do not show up under What's New or the home page.
Ok. That wasn't something I knew about, thanks for helping out. I apologize for going off topic, I'll try to refrain myself in future

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Did you unwatch all threads in your profile by chance? If you watch a thread now, logout, and log back in, is the thread still watched?
They are still marked as “watched” on the website, but all of the new replies don’t show up in the alerts.

This problem is gone on some threads now(Upcoming puzzles for example) and remains on other ones.

Llewelys

It happened to me as well, but the reason for that was I stopped going on the threads: they were still marked as "watched" but since I stopped clicking on the notifications when they showed up they stopped showing up.
Once I went back to the threads to read new replies, I received notifications for them again.

Maybe that's the same for you ?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
It happened to me as well, but the reason for that was I stopped going on the threads: they were still marked as "watched" but since I stopped clicking on the notifications when they showed up they stopped showing up.
Once I went back to the threads to read new replies, I received notifications for them again.

Yes.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Starting from a week ago, all of the threads I marked as "watched" before are all being unwatched.
Are you guys viewing your notifications? If you're not reading your notifications, new notifications won't keep showing for watched threads.