• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Want to buy a new 3x3 need some opinions

Alex DiTuro

Premium Member
WCA
2008DITU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to buy a new 3x3 either today or tomorrow. What do you think I should get?

My preferences:
Smooth Cubes. I can't stand it when a cube is OD Clicky
Sturdiness. I want a non-locky cube that won't pop unless I'm trying to pop it.

That's basically it. I don't mind if it doesn't cut corners that well. It has to be black too, but that really doesn't matter.

Oh and I'm getting a GH 1st edition via a trade with bigbee99. Any recommendations other than the Ghost Hand?

Last edited:

bwatkins

ghost hands are great for your criteria, all my other cubes old A / AII, new A V, C, DII, E, are pretty clicky in comparison to my GHs. The JSK clone is very smooth too, however it wears out fast and feels very heavy.

Alex DiTuro

Premium Member
WCA
2008DITU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ghost hands are great for your criteria, all my other cubes old A / AII, new A V, C, DII, E, are pretty clicky in comparison to my GHs. The JSK clone is very smooth too, however it wears out fast and feels very heavy.

but Ghost Hand rocks anyway.

Well if the GH is my best bet then maybe I'll get some other puzzle instead. Maybe a Square-1 :D