• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

VLS Anki Deck

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to begin learning full VLS and I was gonna use Cuberoot's PDF to learn it but i felt it would be better if anyone had an Anki deck already made for VLS. There's already a ZBLL deck that's very popular so maybe someone thought to make one for VLS?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to begin learning full VLS and I was gonna use Cuberoot's PDF to learn it but i felt it would be better if anyone had an Anki deck already made for VLS. There's already a ZBLL deck that's very popular so maybe someone thought to make one for VLS?
I think VLS is most efficiently learnt by trying out the cases on a cube. I don't think Anki deck will help.

ZBLL is a different case as the alg length is longer 12-14 moves.

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why VLS? you would get way more benefit from learning TUL ZBLL for the same alg count.
It's a personal thing, I've always wanted to learn VLS since I started cubing, I know around 20 cases already, and that's before I was averaging 13 seconds. ZBLL requires EO every time, meaning you have to learn either ZZ or ZB with VHLS or ZBLS and I don't want to learn that. VLS works without EO and has (most times) shooter algs, only catch is that its always the FR slot and I dont plan on learning Mirror VLS

I think VLS is most efficiently learnt by trying out the cases on a cube. I don't think Anki deck will help.

ZBLL is a different case as the alg length is longer 12-14 moves.
I guess i should get a second cube then.

I dont plan on learning Mirror VLS tho, if I get the FL pair then I'll just do regular OLL

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah the thing about VLS that sucks is that OLL is already stupid fast so making your last pair worse (esp if you have to set up the built pair) is just worse. And then you have to consider it also means you are only using it for the FR slot.
Meanwhile, for ZBLL you get it naturally roughly 1/8 solves and more if you use eo tricks before LL but knowing ZBLL is more interesting than you might think. There are many OLLs where you can do something like FRUR’U’F’ into ZBLL instead of OLL PLL and knowing ZBLL would be more beneficial if you did OH compared to VLS.

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
setup on front
algs in the back

hf
Where'd you get the algs from? I know of 2 places but they have issues. Cuberoot's doc is cool but it doesnt have all the cases. Rowe Hessler's website is legit since he made the algs, but idk whether they have good fingertricks and when i go to the website, the images dont load.

Attachments

• 1651607278196.png
    1651607278196.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where'd you get the algs from? I know of 2 places but they have issues. Cuberoot's doc is cool but it doesnt have all the cases. Rowe Hessler's website is legit since he made the algs, but idk whether they have good fingertricks and when i go to the website, the images dont load.
jabari

if if you don't like the algs in the anki deck you can edit the card and put a better alg, then you use just the setup to practice, with your own alg

you can use this list:

Last edited:

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
also if you or anyone else ever needs anymore algs just go to the doc I made

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
also if you or anyone else ever needs anymore algs just go to the doc I made
nice document!

btw it links to the same vls document I posted, the one from jabari