• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Vintage rubix mini cube (unpacked) 1974

Rubixsolver

Is there any info anyone could give me on this, (price wise) as I can’t see anything on the internet like this

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The first available Rubik's cubes were released in 1977. They weren't worldwide released until 1980. I'm pretty sure that if your cube were really made in 1974, it would be made of wood and have black dots on it instead of colors, as it would have to be the one-of-a-kind original prototype that Rubik made himself by hand. :)

If you wanted to know the true value of it, you would need to provide more info on what it actually is. If it's one of the standard original Rubik's cubes that came out in 1980 or so, there are genuinely millions of them out there (I have 2 of them myself that I bought back then), so there's probably not much value to it. But there might be somewhat more value if it's one of the earlier pre-worldwide (Hungarian) cubes.