• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Video Tutorials

whitemike

I used these and they are great but i am stuck on the layer with the fish. I make a fish and then follow the alogritham to make the top layer. but I am always one cube short no matter what i do. please help i am so close but so frustrated!!!

whitemike

Originally posted by annon@Dec 11 2006, 10:30 PM
If you're only one cubie short, you cube is unsolvable.
I know this, so what i do is back track and get back to the fish. then what happens is i do the appropriate alg. and it makes another fish. so i do it again, and it makes it so there is only one cube(corner) that isnt the right color.
someone please help me get out of this cycle

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
If your cube is all solved except 1 piece, then that means that a piece was taken out and put back in incorrectly. Read a guide on how to disassemble your cube to put that piece back in place. If you go to http://www.pjk.has.it , then click on "Beginners Guide" on the left, scroll down towards the bottom, there is a link to one. If you need more help, just ask.