• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] PLL Recognition- Tips, Techniques and Examples (video)

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I made this because I couldn't find anything similar to it, and most of the things I show aren't that well-known.

I cover some practicing tips (0:58), show how/why 2-side PLL recognition is useful (1:57), talk about the different PLL CP cases (2:48), give some examples of similar-looking PLLs and how to distinguish them (4:06), and show what I think are the most difficult cases to recognize fast and how to do it (5:49).

Last edited by a moderator:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
VERY well produced! Excellent editing, some of the best I've seen in a cubing video--takes the informational value up to a whole new level.

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

And personally very helpful to my haphazard PLL. :)

Thank you!

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Awesome G-perm tips.

Question for all: Do you prefer animations like these over physical cubes in a tutorial?

I would say it depends on what the tutorial is for. For something like this that doesn't involve any algorithms and only deals with two or three sides of the cube, I would prefer animations because they aren't subject to interference by lighting, how the person is holding the cube, camera angle, etc. Physical cubes let you show finger tricks and are easier to work with when you need to pay attention to pieces all over the cube (i.e. F2L, reduction on big cubes, cross, F2B) because you can rotate quickly.

EDIT: I guess animations could also give you more flexibility with sound editing.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is the future of all cubing videos!

I think all tutorials should be made in this format. Official and unofficial averages especially!
This spectacular video is the reason for such a shift in cube video formats, and I think it will turn out very well :).

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
This deserves to be better known. Excellent in both content and presentation. Thanks.

[edit]
Really, this receives my highest praise. Thank you.

Last edited: