• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Valk 3 Review - Constructive criticism would be great!

L

lucarubik

I havent cubed for 7 years, i want to find out what cube to to buy, I see your video, i still dont know if valk 3 is that cube, i want to hear stuff like "ive tried other profesional speedcubes like bla bla and bla and imo this is top x"
I dont give a f**k if its good at cornercutting or if it feels crunchy or crispy or overshoots
I want to know how good the product is compared to other products of their kind, in your opinion, trusting your opinion or not is something i will decide
what does is a valk 3 after all supposed to mean, is it a joke or... stuff like its the world record cube is stuff i dont mind hearing, as far as its legit data
i dont like your sense of humor but i cant relate to the things you rant so that dont mind
audio visually the video is great, the titles could be better, like 3D or more dinamic idk much about video disign but no complains on that regard

WCA
2014XINR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I havent cubed for 7 years, i want to find out what cube to to buy, I see your video, i still dont know if valk 3 is that cube, i want to hear stuff like "ive tried other profesional speedcubes like bla bla and bla and imo this is top x"
I dont give a f**k if its good at cornercutting or if it feels crunchy or crispy or overshoots
I want to know how good the product is compared to other products of their kind, in your opinion, trusting your opinion or not is something i will decide
what does is a valk 3 after all supposed to mean, is it a joke or... stuff like its the world record cube is stuff i dont mind hearing, as far as its legit data
i dont like your sense of humor but i cant relate to the things you rant so that dont mind
audio visually the video is great, the titles could be better, like 3D or more dinamic idk much about video disign but no complains on that regard

Thank you! I'll try to keep some stuff you said in mind. For the most part though, this video was directed towards cubing audiences so I felt that saying "____ cube is the better in comparison" would be kind of off topic; maybe you're looking for the wrong stuff (I would recommend something like "Top 2017 3x3 speedcubes" or something, because this is purely a Valk 3 review). Considering you haven't cubed for that long, you probably don't know, but the 3x3 market at this point is reaching its peak. Basically, the cubes all perform the same physically; that's why I glossed over the corner cutting and turn speed. That being said, I tried to focus on stuff that matters in terms of feeling of the cube and how pleasant it is to solve. Yeah it sounds really picky, but it's better than talking about corner cutting 60 degrees considering all cubes can do that now.

And yeah, Valk 3 was endorsed by the previous record holder, but once again; I assumed most of my audience will be cubers up to date with stuff like that. But thank you for the comment anyway--I'll take some stuff into consideration :)

L

lucarubik

oh I do know all that stuff, i was just pointing out I consider them apropiate to appear in your video, it was just an example xd

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
@combustiblerice I love your videos. I very much appreciate that you leave the captions/text/words/whatever on the screen long enough to read, or at least give us a chance to pause. So many youtubers will have these quick word blerbs show up for about 0.002 sec and you can't pause it, let alone read it.

I recommend speaking up, because it's hard to hear you sometimes. or maybe just bring the mic closer to your mouth.

overall, well done.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
OK, some thoughts and suggestions:

1) Choose your font colors better - your "Valk 3 Review" title at the beginning is difficult to see and the red pop-up words later are also difficult to see. Need a better contrast between the font and the background.

2) Profanity in reviews = bad idea

3) Work on your voice volume. Your voice goes up and down in volume, mostly down, and you are tough to heat at times.

4) It sounds like you're trying to have a soft voice. If you are, don't. Try for a sharper edge to your voice.

5) Agree with the above poster who suggested you compare the cube to other cubes rather than just a generic "it's outstanding"

Overall, pretty decent*.

* - ironic comment, given #5 above :)