• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cube Release Date

It3ration

As I'm sure everyone is aware, the new V-Cubes (http://www.v-cubes.com/products.php) were recently featured in the Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair in Nurberg, Germany on February 7th through the 12th of 2008. Did anyone get a chance to go to this fair? I assume that it was closed to the public.

There were rumors floating around that the cubes would be available to the public on February 23rd (today) but there is no new activity on their site. Does anyone have any idea when these cubes will be available? For their size (5x5x5, 6x6x6 and 7x7x7) their rotational movement seems amazing. Hopefully they will be available soon!

rubik_fr

Jean-Louis Mathieu went and he told me that "they announced that they were going to announce them another time"

Salut,

Arnaud, I'm afraid you've made an error somewhere ! :confused:
I've never said I went there, though I would have liked to :rolleyes:
But now the official announcement is done on the V-CUBE site.
It will be difficult to wait for at least 3 months to have them but we make them reality now, for sure !!
And I confirm the moves are very good ones, in my opinion ! the 5x5x5 from erick is so good !! even if the new mold rubik 5x5x5 is totally different from the old one (maybe too loose).

Arnaud, I will send you a personal message tonight !! so check it.
JLM

SkateTracker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this is kinda off-topic, but I heard somewhere that the estimated price for each cube would be $100? Is that true? I mean, I'm a pretty hardcore speed cubing fan and I've been looking forward to the V-Cubes but I'm not loaded. That's just not reasonable.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jean-Louis Mathieu went and he told me that "they announced that they were going to announce them another time"

Salut,

Arnaud, I'm afraid you've made an error somewhere ! :confused:
I've never said I went there, though I would have liked to :rolleyes:
But now the official announcement is done on the V-CUBE site.
It will be difficult to wait for at least 3 months to have them but we make them reality now, for sure !!
And I confirm the moves are very good ones, in my opinion ! the 5x5x5 from erick is so good !! even if the new mold rubik 5x5x5 is totally different from the old one (maybe too loose).

Arnaud, I will send you a personal message tonight !! so check it.
JLM
I must have misunderstood you at Benelux Open 2008. But you/I was right anyway, they did announce them another time :)

Hadley4000

WCA
2008SHEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel

It3ration

Yeah - it's easy to see why they are so incredibly stable - the corner pieces are huge. :) Also, the conical structure of the centers and edge pieces.

AvGalen

Premium Member
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would really like to order 2 (or maybe more) "family packs". Such a pack should consist of all sizes, ranging from 1 (yes 1) to 11 and should have a bonus 3x3x3 and a carrying bag.
2 of those family packs would be great to take with me to every competition. 1 cube for competition, 1 cube for warm-ups and I need 4 3x3x3's for Fewest Moves and Multi-blind :)

benjediman

off-topic but: do you think their designs for all cubes allow for a screw-spring structure?

AvGalen

Premium Member
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, I hope they make white versions and black versions, but with regular sticker-colors, not the black stickers :(

[dream]
So basically 1 order of:
1x1x1 to 11x11x11 white plastic for collecting
1x1x1 to 11x11x11 white plastic for trading
1x1x1 to 11x11x11 black plastic for speedcubing
1x1x1 to 11x11x11 black plastic for backup-speedcubing
And hopefully they include an extra 3x3x3 in those packages (a nice see-through carrying bag please) as a bonus-gift for one-handed and multi-blind.
[/dream]

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh Arnaud, I hope that you are rich, because even at 40 euro for one puzzle (5x5 or bigger) the entire thing would cost you well over 1000 euro, and I wouldn't want someone to spend ALL of their money on cubes!

As for me, I'd probably want two of each - one to make into a supercube ;-) and one for normal cubing. We'll see what happens, though. I should get a job to pay for all this...