• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cube 6 Modded into a Barrel

sgtjosh

WCA
2012CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, I just thought I'd share a few photos of the V-Cube 6 Barrel I made a few months ago.

As you probably know, this puzzle didn't turn well as a cube... And I can't say dremeling it down to barrel-form helped matters (It definitely still sucks at turning).

But, I figured "Why not?"... I had an extra 6x6 with nothing to lose.

6x6barrel.jpg

I was, however, happy to see that the V-Cube was built with solid plastic all the way through - Which essentially made apoxy filling unnecessary.

It makes for nice shelf candy, if nothing else. :)

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all, I just thought I'd share a few photos of the V-Cube 6 Barrel I made a few months ago.

As you probably know, this puzzle didn't turn well as a cube... And I can't say dremeling it down to barrel-form helped matters (It definitely still sucks at turning).

But, I figured "Why not?"... I had an extra 6x6 with nothing to lose.

View attachment 4660

I was, however, happy to see that the V-Cube was built with solid plastic all the way through - Which essentially made apoxy filling unnecessary.

It makes for nice shelf candy, if nothing else. :)

Still pretty nice :)

Fawn

This looks fantastic. I'm curious as to why there are those black spaces around the "edges."