• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Using Keyhole on 3x3

jdh3000

Who's using keyhole? Who's tried and abandoned it?

I've started experimenting with keyhole in cfop when an edge or corner are already in place.

I'm sure with practice I'll see it as quickly as an f2l pair but it's in its early stages right now.

I remember years ago seeing badmephisto using, but didn't really think it was something I wanted to do at that time.
Lately I've seen a few videos on it, especially one where jperm showed some multi-slotting using keyhole.

Other than using it for half inserted pair fixes or in this multi-slotting technique, it seems slow for f2l, but I could be wrong, some could be using it to great success... however I think it may be a good add on to cfop.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Who's using keyhole? Who's tried and abandoned it?

I've started experimenting with keyhole in cfop when an edge or corner are already in place.

I'm sure with practice I'll see it as quickly as an f2l pair but it's in its early stages right now.

I remember years ago seeing badmephisto using, but didn't really think it was something I wanted to do at that time.
Lately I've seen a few videos on it, especially one where jperm showed some multi-slotting using keyhole.

Other than using it for half inserted pair fixes or in this multi-slotting technique, it seems slow for f2l, but I could be wrong, some could be using it to great success... however I think it may be a good add on to cfop.
idk if keyhole makes you faster... I feel like it makes f2l more move efficient.

jdh3000

I use it, the lower movecount helps for OH solving in particular. Keyhole was my original method, so I suppose two decades using it makes it hard to give up.
There's a few tricks/tips in this thread:
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/keyhole-method.63735/
Thanks, I had searched before but didn't find that one. I appreciate the link.

I know some say it's part of the beginner method, but it wasn't part of mine. When I got fed up with my beginner method I moved on to cfop.

If it'll shave a move off a slight amount of time it may be worth incorporating. I'm very interested in jperm's multi-slotting technique, but I need to get the basics of keyhole down first.

At this point I'm happy to learn just little things like this if I think they can save a little time.

Last edited: